“A solid hotel at a fair price”

Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Baltimore, United States
“A solid hotel at a fair price”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay here for business as it is probably the best hotel that we can get at the government rate. It was under renovations this time but usually its very nice and the staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel is a little dated but that is why they are getting renovated.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
New Orleans, LA, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stay away! I am a Hilton hhonors member (Diamond and Gold) so I do stay frequently at hilton properties. This one is bottom of the barrel. Granted it was under renovation while I stayed, but still it gives no excuse for dirty bathroom (body hair), leaking shower, dirty carpet and top it all, live bugs crawling in my bed! (ok so it's not cockroach only ladybug but still I hate the idea something crawling on me when I am sleeping).

Senatobia, MS, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel staff was kind, but the hotel was under renovation and we should have been told about that before our arrival. Also, we had booked smoking rooms and was informed of a policy change AFTER we checked in. These kind of surprises should be very rare in the hotel industry and our experience makes us feel that we were taken advantage of. Otherwise, this was a nice place to stay.

Mommyofthree
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Upon arrival into Huntsville, we got lost. I called the hotel and they gave me exact directions. The lobby was very clean and have cookies out. The room was great! Very clean and was a perfect size. My family of 4 had plenty of room. My only issue was housekeeping took our used towels and didn't replace them. Desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Their "store" had just about anything anyone would want. The prices at the "store" were rather high though. We picked up my son from Space Camp and it was just across the road. If we go back to Huntsville, I will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Huntsville, AL, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Desk staff (evening and morning) were not knowledgeable about the area, they could give no reccommendations for places to see, eat or get fuel. They were not at all friendly or outgoing, all we can say is they were there! Hotel is in a very remote location with no facilities nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Adele A
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I recently traveled to Huntsville for a hockey tournament. Hilton offer a great deal on pricing. The service and staff was excellent, and the breakfast was suitable for my athletic diet. I couldn't have had a better hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
huntsville
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is shady and will take your money without caring. I had my rehearsal dinner here and the food was horrible, the management team is rude and they will take your money. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau at least twice and they have not responded. I reported them to Guest Services and they have not resolved the issue. It has been over 3 months and I am still trying to resolve a payment issue with them. If you are planning to have guest come from out of town, I would recommend that you stay somewhere else.

The food that we originally tasted was not the same food at the rehearsal dinner, and they changed chefs without notifying us. They said that we would get a room for free if we booked 10 rooms(which we did) but they still charged us. They are very shady in their bushiness practices, and don't let the Director of Catering do anything related to weddings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family