“Great Pre/Post Space Camp stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 11 June 2014

As a HHonors member, this hotel offered a very reasonable price for us and the amenities expected of the brand. The hotel is about 2 minutes away from the Space and Rocket Center and accommodates early check-in / late departure for those dropping off or picking up trainees from Space Camp. The pool was great and well tended, but the hot tub was not functional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The new renovations are beautiful. The outside area, including pool and hot tub, are a great place to hang out. The lobby is also very beautiful and extremely comfortable. The staff were all so polite and helpful. The rooms are a bit too small. The beds and pillows are way too soft, which makes them EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Our kids preferred sleeping on an air mattress rather than the bed, if you could find space in the room for one. The biggest complaint came from breakfast; it was inedible. The eggs were dry and had a bad taste, the cereal was stale, the apples were mushy. Plan to eat out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is hard to go wrong choosing a Garden for a short stay anywhere and the one in Huntsville was no exception for us. Relaxing, pleasant, cheerful, very close to the Rocket Center. The downtown areas a short drive. Altogether a nice place to stay when in Huntsville.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn is a pleasant, nice hotel. It is nicely situated just off of I-565 next to Landry's Seafood House. The hotel sits on a pretty property that is nicely landscaped with flowers and a nice water fountain. The hotel staff are not only efficient but they are friendly and welcoming. The location of the hotel is near the Space Center, the Univeristy of Alabama-Huntsville, and many government agencies. There were business people staying there as well as famiies on vacation. While the hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, it has a nice, efficient restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner, along with a small bar area. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious and clean. Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Both the front side of the hotel and the back side are pretty. There is a very nice area on the side...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My company has a contract with another nearby hotel. However, they were full. I was able to choose the Hilton Garden Inn for my 4 day stay. Very nice hotel. I used the business center and was able to print out some maps so I could explore the area. When I checked in they had cookies at the counter. What a nice surprise. The bar is very inviting although I didn't have time to stop by and have a drink. The hotel has a good selection for room service if you are hungry. The only thing that was disappointing is that breakfast was 10 or 11 dollars. If I had the time to sit down, I would have tried it out. If you don't have time, I would recommend planning for something else.

Room Tip: The area is quiet around the hotel. Nothing to avoid noise wise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I took a journey to Huntsville for a business conference and we stayed at this Hilton. It is less than 5 miles from downtown Huntsville which is where we had to be for our meetings. We got there a few hours early and the front desk clerk was able to work some magic and get us checked in early so we didn't have to wait. She didn't have to do that, and we were extremely grateful. The room was fairly spacious. I couldn't quite figure out if the fridge was working or not, but it was. The bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. We slept very well. There is a Landry's Seafood restaurant next door that I thought was good. But they do close earlier than I had hoped on Saturday. But for the money we paid, I think we got our money's worth and then some.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vmijt
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is nicer than many of the hotels in Huntsville, close to the university. It's a newer hotel and is well taken care of. The rooms are larger than many hotel rooms I've stayed in, and the beds are comfortable. My third floor room was very quiet.

I used the small gym several times and found it to be perfect for my needs. The treadmills are in good shape, and although there aren't a lot of weights, they do the trick for working out. The outdoor pool is attractive, and the jacuzzi is great, if a bit small. The only thing that I noticed that took away from the relaxation at the pool was the highway noise from Interstate 565.

There isn't much in the way of food close by, besides an overpriced seafood restaurant next door, but the hotel food is good. Overall, this is a great hotel and convenient to UAH. I would stay at the Hilton Garden again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business