“Business travelers dream come true!”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Business travelers dream come true!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This was my first visit to the Huntsville location of Embassy Suites. I have to say, after traveling all day (from Frankfurt), this an excellent choice of stay. I had been up for almost 19 hours and the last thing I wanted was a difficult checkin process. This was the easiest checkin I've ever had. I currently am a "Blue" status with HHonors, but, did I get comp'd parking? Yes. Did I get comp'd internet access? YES! I can't say enough about this hotel. Host Embassy Suites are pretty much the same, but the service I got from this location was amazing. Did they have to comp me? No. Did they? Yes. I was there for 13 days, and the thought of $10 internet per night was not good. And the bed? It was to die for. So comfortable. I'm very glad I stayed at this location. I recommend it to anyone who wants a nice place to stay in Huntsville!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank UofM_Matt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I really enjoy the Embassy Suites. This is my third time at this hotel and the value cannot be beat. (Well at least with the government rate). I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank mwhite15
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We spent the extra money to stay at an Embassy Suites for this particular weekend. We weren't familiar with the area, and with other hotel chains you're never quite sure what you'll get. And it is a nice hotel, but it's next to a park where they hold special events. The afternoon we checked in they happened to be having a Jamfest with VERY loud music. I had a migraine that day, and all I wanted to do was to get to the hotel and lay down. My husband explained that we would like a room on the other side of the property and the person who checked us in said he'd do his best. We ended up on the 8th floor overlooking the stage. We had to practically yell to talk to each other inside of our room. Absolutely ridiculous. We called down and explained that we really need to be moved, but he said there was nothing he could do. We talked to three different people. Nothing was ever done. So moral of this story: Check with the front desk and ask about any events that may be going on BEFORE BOOKING. Otherwise, you may be paying extra for a nice hotel that you can't enjoy.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hnewheels
Delaware
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Embassy Suites in Huntsville is a good hotel, that is made even better by the individuals who work there. The hospitality is great - everyone is so friendly, from the managers, to the shoe shiner, to the omelet lady. The complimentary breakfast and manager's reception make it a good value. I do however, think the hotel should reconsider charging for parking and internet access.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank shebuck
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville for three nights in September for business on Redstone Arsenal. The hotel's exterior is very plain, so I was very surprised when I walked in to see a really nice interior. The decor of the lobby, restaurant, pool area, and room was very much better than I had expected. The room was a two room suite with two double beds in the bedroom (a single king cost extra). The wet bar area had a sink, minifrig, and a microwave. The livingroom had a small couch, a chair, TV, and dining set. The bed room had another TV, a desk, the two beds, and a closet.

My main complaints are the fees that made the hotel seem very cheap. They charged over $5/day for parking. I could understand in D.C. or New York, but charging for parking in Huntsville is absurd. More upsetting was the charge for internet. It was over $11/day to use internet in the room. I will definitely be staying somewhere else on my next trip to Huntsville.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shockwave7_7
alabama
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We have stayed at this property on more than one occasion and have been happy with the hotel each time. The rooms are very clean. The indoor pool and hot tub are clean and enjoyable. The chef who prepares the morning omelettes is awesome.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Alapaha, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I chose this hotel because I was taking a class at the hospital. The staff were friendly but it took 3 tries to get a room key that worked. That was the only snafu. The breakfast was nice, I didn't try the pm cocktails. The ruths chris was great as usual. Price a little high but my company reimburses me. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011