“$7 more for parking and $ 11 more for wifi.”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 December 2012

$7 more per day for parking and $11 more for wifi. My none smoking room smell like cigaret so bad. Also they hold $50 for 14 days.
Breakfast thumbs down
Happy hour was good cheap wine and beer and peanuts.

Room Tip: Be aware of xtra charges.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service you received as well. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa

998 - 1,004 of 1,179 reviews

Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is definitely my favorite hotel in HSV, having stayed at many. First off, it's nice to be so close to downtown, where there are a bunch of neat local restaurants. Second, you're just off of the major roads of 565 and Memorial Parkway, so getting any direction out of downtown is pretty easy.

The staff here was always fantastically friendly and welcoming, from check-in to check-out and everywhere in between. Everything was very clean and well maintained, and the hotel seemed brand new even though I know it isn't.

My room was large with a very comfortable bed, a nice TV with a decent amount of channels, and spacious enough bathroom. It also had a fridge, sink, and perhaps a microwave in the wet bar area, and a full sized desk in the living room with a sofa and chair. All very excellent.

Breakfast was tasty but seemed to be the same exact stuff every day - pastries, eggs, cereal, overcooked bacon and sausage. There is a made-to-order station for waffles, omelets, etc. The seating area is large and comfortable.

The managers receptions are always a hit at ES hotels, and this one is quite good. Not the best I have had at an ES, as the food choices were the exact every day - chips and salsa, broccoli and carrots, and some cheese. The drinks are poured somewhat stronger than you'd expect for $0. The wine and beer selection is limited but fine.

The biggest issue is parking - for one, they charge for it which is rare in Huntsville. For two, it can get pretty busy in the evenings so you may have to park a bit away from the door, which is fine unless the weather is bad. There is a little underground area to park in, though, but I am not sure if the gate is always up and open.

One last thing that shows why I like this hotel so much - by nature of my line of work, I get 1-2 FedEx envelopes each business trip. Most hotels, even nice ones, just tell me to come down and get them. Only a select few have them waiting in my room when I get back from work that. To my great pleasure, this ES is one of the latter. It's the little things, folks! Love it.

1  Thank Zacharius
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed at the Embassy on December 7th to attend a company Christmas Party at the VBC. It is connected to the VBC via a walkway, so this is excellent if you are attending an event there. The hotel is beautiful with an excellent staff. Our suite was very nice and well decorated with everything that you need for a great stay. We got the "holiday" rate which was a very good price. They also have a free breakfast, which is very good. So if you are ever traveling to Huntsville, please don't hesitate to stay at the Embassy Suites.
Thanks,
Cindy

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Here’s a quick checklist of things that are important to a frequent business traveler. Explanations are follow further below:
1. Quick friendly check-in: 50%.
2. Parking convenience: 0%.
3. Snack / water in room: 0%.
4. Bathroom fan: 0%.
5. Clock time setting: 0%.
6. Happy hour / bar staff: 100%.
7. Breakfast staff: 100%.
8. Gym: I didn’t work out.
Other – The hotel clientele is essentially all business travelers. It’s a fairly large hotel and there are lots of people in the lobby and at happy hour. The lobby and sitting areas are nice. The lobby restaurant is a Ruths Chris Steak House.
Explanations of items above:
1. For Gold and Diamond customers, Hilton promises quick check-in using your credit card on file so that you don’t have to dig out your card. This is a small convenience that I appreciate. At this hotel, the front-desk clerk was friendly, did use my card on file, but demanded that I verify the last 4 numbers so I had to dig out the card even though he didn’t need to scan it. He told me that my Hilton number was on file. For some unknown reason a room had not been pre-assigned.
2. I volunteered to pay for parking (garage under the hotel), and suspect that everyone parking in the huge lot outside didn’t pay. As a reward for paying them, they gave me a permit that I had to bring back down to my car in the garage. Preferred hotels have you use the room key, or give you a special ticket, to open the parking lot exit gate so that you don’t have to run back down to the car.
3. Hilton offers their Gold and Diamond customers some type of snack / water depending on the hotel. It’s a great treat to have this waiting in the room. After realizing that a room had not been pre-assigned, I knew that my snack could not be waiting in the room. I asked, and the clerk said “they” hadn’t put the request into the reservation. He did run in the back and get me some candy bars, but it took quite a while.
4. The bathroom fan didn’t work. When I showered, the bathroom filled with steam which then rolled out into the bedroom once I opened the door. Housekeeping is in the room every day, so surely they’ve noticed the problem. Does the hotel lack an internal system to report maintenance needs and track repairs?
5. Hilton clocks cannot have their time adjusted by the guest. This is good. But if the time is off by more than 10 minutes the hotel scores 0% in this category. Didn’t housekeeping notice? The only solution for the guest is to call maintenance.
6 & 7: I like nice friendly people.

2  Thank HiltonDiamondMan
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Sir,
We sincerely apologize for your experience with our hotel. We hold our hotel up to the highest standards and are sorry that you did not experience the best we have to offer. Our Hilton Honors members are very important to us, and we hope to always make your stay enjoyable. Your review was shown to our employees in order to communicate the importance of keeping our hotel at the highest standards.

I have spoken with the Guest Service Representatives about our check in process and the importance of expediting Diamond and Gold members check ins. I am sorry that your room was not preassigned. As for the credit card information, our GSR's are required to always ask to verify the last four digits of the card number for Diamond and Gold members. This is a Hilton standard, and we enforce it in order to protect our guests and prevent identity theft.

As for our parking, the city owns our parking lot. All guests are charged for parking unless they do not have a car. This is for all cars in our lot, as well as the garage underneath the hotel. The card in your windshield is to prevent your vehicle from being towed. I apologize that the GSR did not explain this to you.

Again my apologies for your inconvenience during your stay. I hope you can give us another chance to show you how great of a hotel we are. Please visit us again, and let us wow you!

Katie Faatz

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Great Huntsville location; helpful staff, nice workout room. Problem with wireless internet during my visit (3 hour down time 4-7 PM) I doubt was common. Evening reception included Yiengling, while most are only light beers..

1  Thank C G
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Nice hotel. Friendly check in. Self parking is about $6/day and there is plenty of parking available. Overlooks a nice park area with a duck pond. Walking distance to Huntsville Art Museum and next to the Von Braun Civic Center. Room was large, quiet, clean. Breakfast was good - typical of Embassy Suites. Indoor pool was warm. Pool area was clean and well kept - large glass enclosure with lots of light. Rate gave pretty good value for what you got.

What's not to like about it?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My husband, our three month-old, and I recently stayed one night at Embassy Suites Huntsville. We arrived and were promptly checked in. The room was great and met all our needs. The only problem we had during our stay was our need to make a call about the baby crib we had reserved. The front desk said it would be in the room waiting for us, but it was not. Once they were made aware, it was delivered immediately. The breakfast attendants were friendly and helpful, and the food was pretty good. And the very nice man in the gift shop helped us quickly find a few things we had forgotten. I can't speak for any of the other facilities or Ruth's Chris. I found this to be a very comfortable hotel with great service, and I would return anytime I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family