“Heat, Sodium and Interuptions”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was a poor stay for me and I usually enjoy the Hilton hotels. I got to my room and it was stiefling and when I called to check on the AC they told me to turn it down by holding a pen to the buttons and pressing hard. Aside from ineffiency, it didn't really work and my room was hot. Then I woke up at least 5 times in the middle of the night because of the clanging elevator shafts, when I called down to the front desk they told me they're just loud. And this isn't a subtle bang, it sound like someone is doing construction in the halls. I got up in the morning and had the breakfast but I expenceted food not salt. I didn't see one nutritional item to enjoy, it was a digusting buffett that tasted like it was sodium injected. I then needed internet for my room and found I had to pay for it. As a frequent Hilton memeber, not often do I have to pay for internet, that was just an unessisary charge for 24 hours. Finally at 7:00am I had gotten out of the shower and there was banging at my door, I opened it to find Housekeeping asking if they could clean...as I'm in my towel. I said no and she asked "Well, when do you check out?" I said at about 9 and she rolled her eyes at me and moved on. I mean reallly at 7:00am!? Don't have housekeeping come around to your guests door before 9:30 please.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Allison B
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. I want you to know that all of the inconveniences you experienced will be addressed with the proper departments and we hope that we can have the chance to have you as a guest in the future and will be able to exceed your expectations as we always try to do. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We had a very spacious room and the staff was very kind during our stay. We stayed one night and chose this hotel based on name and quality associated with that name. After a great night of sleep we checked out. Unfortunately, my husband left his Kindle on the bed. We got down the road about one hour and immediately called back to have someone check on it. We were given the run-around. He continued to call back and was told that the Housekeeping Manager was in charge of lost items. We remained hopeful. He called for two days about four times each day and got no good answer. Finally, the manager said they don't have it. Well...we were devastated that the help in trying to retrieve our item was not more of a priority. Our Amazon account has been used to purchase three gross, female romance novels. This is so sad. It was a great hotel. We wish they could keep their staff more accountable...at least the one that cleaned Room #717. Boo.

2  Thank tjgbrant

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and we sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. We take this very seriously and are currently investigating this incident.

We will be in contact with you personally to further review this matter.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

There seemed to be a lot of issues when we were there. The first impression was that they had no idea what to do since we arrived 2 hours before check in time. We had just flown for a few hours, were hungry, had our suitcases and just standing in the lobby. They didn't seem sure what to tell us when we asked what we could do for 2 hours while waiting. There were various other items that were annoying and made the stay not-so-pleasant: a dampness in the hotel, bad coffee, no working fan in the bathroom, the phones were down. On the upside, the amount of space in the room and suite was nice for the price, the grounds are pretty for walking around and if I were attending a conference at the center next door it would be most convenient. The price however, doesn't include parking or internet fees. I might have eaten at the hotel restaurant, but Ruth's Chris is a little pricey for a family in Huntsville.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel and enjoyed the usual high level accommodation and breakfast offered by Embassy Suites. We didn't avail ourselves of the evening cocktail hour. The room was clean, well equipped, quiet and had a good WiFi connection. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows.

Room Tip: High floor for the views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the 2 room suites to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Truly enjoyed the stay, and would not hesitate to come back. I had a great experience and my wife enjoyed every measure of services you provided. The staff an establishment went above and beyond for our comfort and we appreciated the stay away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Thank Lee E. T
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nice clean spacious suites. Walking distance to downtown. Above average complimentary breakfast. Parking fee is automatically added to the bill. If you don't have car, you must ask them to remove charge. The a/c more than sufficiently cooled the room, but in my opinion failed to reduce the humidity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your review. While I am happy you had a nice stay, we strive to be much better than average and will use your comments to help us meet this goal.

Thank you again for your review and feedback. We hope you return and we will work harder to exceed your expectations.

Joy

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Fantastic hotel! It's about a 15 minute drive from 1-65, but it's worth it! Great manager's reception and breakfast. Pool and hot tub were a bit heavy on the chlorine, but my kids still enjoyed them. Rooms were clean, spacious and well-appointed. There's not much happening in downtown Huntsville on a Friday night, but it didn't matter because there was no need to leave this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family