“Good stay but . . . .”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I love Embassy Suites! The breakfast, the manager's reception, the "suite" aspect - it all calls to me about comfort away from home. (And, yes, there are unhealthy things for breakfast - but if you have willpower, there are plenty of healthy choices, too!) However, I was totally disappointed to have a charge for wifi and parking! Huh? Given your typical clientele, fold that cost into the room rate - we ALL need wifi in today's word! I understand the parking charge for people who are looking for a free park for the VBC, but this is not NYC or Boston --- it's HUNTSVILLE. Really . . .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago and was very pleased. We returned July 20 2013 and will never go back. The mattress on pull out had blood stains and the blanket in zippered bag also had several blood stains on it. Their solution was to put a mattress pad over the blood stains and said "I'm sorry". They should have offered to move us or bring in a clean mattress. The breakfast has declined drastically. Two years ago I would have rated hotel and breakfast a 9.5 Now, I rate it a 3.5.....

Room Tip: If you must stay here, check out the room BEFORE you unpack!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. I am so sorry that you had a less than desirable experience. I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I want you to know that I brought your review to the GM and that is was discussed with the departments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This experience has been one of the best experienced in a hotel for sometime. We had a family Reunion here and many of the family members stayed here. The hospitality suite was great for our initial reception. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a wedding. The hotel was organized and helpful in checking in and communicating with the large number of out if town guests.

The hotel itself is clean and well organized. The exercise room is small, but it has a couple of cardio machines and free weights that max out at 50lbs. Not enough weight for me to get a real workout, but it was sufficient enough to prevent me from feeling like a total slob for the weekend.

The rooms were large, but all of us noticed a musty smell upon arrival. You could tell the AC hadn't been running for a while, but turning it in full blast for about 30 minutes fixed it for most of us. One of the rooms smelled worse than musty... I won't guess what the smell actually was, but it was bad. The hotel quickly got a new room ready for that couple, so they handled it fine.

If you have a family, this would be a good hotel. The indoor pool, free breakfast, and big rooms would make it convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your recent response. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. But, I am very sorry to hear that you room was not to your satisfaction at check in but glad to hear that our Front Desk staff were so efficient in getting the situation taken care of.

Thank you again and we hope to have you return should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have always been very happy with all my stays at the Huntsville Embassy. The staff is friendly, the facilities are what you might expect from an Embassy- an all suite hotel with good value. The added bonus is the addition of the Ruth Chris Steakhouse on site. The Downtown location is perfect for the convention center, and close to great local restaruants. The museum next door and its park grounds are beautiful. Coupled with the historic downtown neighborhood of 100+ year old mansions, the Embassy is perfectly located for runners like me looking for a good, safe and interesting route in which to train/jog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and continue to return to us. Yes, downtown Huntsville has a lot to offer and in walking distance. We have a lot of guests that enjoy running the neighborhood. Next time you are in town be sure to check out the Cotton Row 10K and 5K that is every year right here in downtown. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was a poor stay for me and I usually enjoy the Hilton hotels. I got to my room and it was stiefling and when I called to check on the AC they told me to turn it down by holding a pen to the buttons and pressing hard. Aside from ineffiency, it didn't really work and my room was hot. Then I woke up at least 5 times in the middle of the night because of the clanging elevator shafts, when I called down to the front desk they told me they're just loud. And this isn't a subtle bang, it sound like someone is doing construction in the halls. I got up in the morning and had the breakfast but I expenceted food not salt. I didn't see one nutritional item to enjoy, it was a digusting buffett that tasted like it was sodium injected. I then needed internet for my room and found I had to pay for it. As a frequent Hilton memeber, not often do I have to pay for internet, that was just an unessisary charge for 24 hours. Finally at 7:00am I had gotten out of the shower and there was banging at my door, I opened it to find Housekeeping asking if they could clean...as I'm in my towel. I said no and she asked "Well, when do you check out?" I said at about 9 and she rolled her eyes at me and moved on. I mean reallly at 7:00am!? Don't have housekeeping come around to your guests door before 9:30 please.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Allison B

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. I want you to know that all of the inconveniences you experienced will be addressed with the proper departments and we hope that we can have the chance to have you as a guest in the future and will be able to exceed your expectations as we always try to do. Thank you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We had a very spacious room and the staff was very kind during our stay. We stayed one night and chose this hotel based on name and quality associated with that name. After a great night of sleep we checked out. Unfortunately, my husband left his Kindle on the bed. We got down the road about one hour and immediately called back to have someone check on it. We were given the run-around. He continued to call back and was told that the Housekeeping Manager was in charge of lost items. We remained hopeful. He called for two days about four times each day and got no good answer. Finally, the manager said they don't have it. Well...we were devastated that the help in trying to retrieve our item was not more of a priority. Our Amazon account has been used to purchase three gross, female romance novels. This is so sad. It was a great hotel. We wish they could keep their staff more accountable...at least the one that cleaned Room #717. Boo.

2  Thank tjgbrant

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and we sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. We take this very seriously and are currently investigating this incident.

We will be in contact with you personally to further review this matter.