“Suites and Spa”

GreenLeadersGold level
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Suites and Spa”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here the past couple of days for a first trip to Huntsville. I was particularly pleased to find an Embassy Suite with a spa included, and my husband and I booked spa services for this trip as a result. We were truly pleased with the massage and facial that we had at the Botanical Spa in the hotel. The hotel check-in was easy and our room was ready and very comfortable. We were disappointed with not having a microwave and mini-fridge that worked - likely due to a circuit breaker or something that may have tripped. We loved the breakfast each morning, which included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, biscuits, cream of wheat, oatmeal, waffles, and much more! My husband had cooked to order omelet and hash browns, and he was quite pleased with his breakfast. The hotel is located near downtown, and we found it really convenient to everything we wanted to see in Huntsville. I was disappointed with not having free internet connections as a guest. If you wanted internet, you had to pay extra. Also there is a charge for nightly parking but the parking is right there on the lot and in the garage on the property, and it is self park, so I didn't see a need for this extra charge. The bed we had was a king sized and the bedding was so comfortable which made for great sleep. The TV in the bedroom was great; however, the channels didn't seem to be the same as the TV in the living room and the remote didn't work. So -- all in all -- we love the location, the breakfast, the spa, and the comfort. There were just little touches and attention to detail that fell short, but we would recommend this Embassy Suite overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad to hear that you not only got to enjoy the Embassy Suites but the Spa Botanica as well. We have a great Spa, located on the 2nd floor, with wonderful Massage Therapists. I'm glad that you got to experience the cooked-to-order breakfast as well but I'm sorry that we fell short on some areas. Your comments have been shown to the proper departments and we do hope that you will try us again and allow us to really give you the Embassy Suites experience you know and love. Thank you again for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pasadena
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here over the Christmas Holiday. Overall good experience. Rooms were very clean with the exception of having to do a spot cleaning of the showers. Beds were comfortable but VERY small. I would consider them a double not a queen. Lobby was nice and breakfast, if made to order was good. There was a ton of variety but the food on the buffet was cold. My husband had his omelet made and it was terrific and the meats were warm unlike the buffet. NOTE make sure if you are not paying by credit card you are aware you will have to provide $50.00 per night up front for incidentals that you receive back to your bank card once you check out.

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I have family and friends all around the Huntsville area so it's best for us to stay at the Embassy Suites on Christmas Eve to hang out with friends that evening, get a good nights sleep then spend the entire Christmas Day with family. Whew!!

Norris City, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Location worked well for us, Everything was nice and comfortable. Only issue is the nickel/diming when they charge for internet service for each device. Should be included if they want to be competitive.

Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I just had the most awesome deep tissue massage yesterday, which included some trigger point massage therapy. Craig Fuller is a licensed massage therapist and he was beyond compare to any other massage I've received in the Tennessee Valley area.

My visit did not include an overnight stay but the hotel was nice. My visit was solely for the purpose of taking advantage of a gift certificate that my daughter had given me for a massage. I asked who should would recommend and she stated that Craig is the one who gets the most compliments on TripAdvisor.

From the moment I walked into Spa Botanica my experience was incredible. I was greeted by a Chondra who is the Spa manager and she had a very sweet spirit. She escorted me to the bath area and provided me with a locking locker, spa shoes and a robe. I was asked if I wanted tea or water. (I chose the green tea).

After I changed into my robe, I went to the lounge where my tea awaited me along with the client form. After I filled out the form, Craig appeared and sat to discuss what areas I wanted to focus on. (my upper back).

I love a deep tissue massage and Craig knew exactly what he was doing. He stated that he had been giving massages for 14+years along with the trigger point therapy. While I was familiar with trigger point therapy, I had never had the pleasure of experiencing it and it was awesome.

I would definitely recommend Craig for anyone wanting/needing a deep tissue massage. Just the right amount of pressure and if a trigger point was painful, he backed off. Hands down, Craig knows what he is doing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pam P
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our Spa Botanica is one of our little gems that bring people to the Embassy Suites. All of our Massage Therapists and Nail Technicians are terrific and Craig is definitely one of our requested Massage Therapists for deep tissue and trigger point therapy.

I also wanted you to know that I have shown your review to Shondra and the rest of the Spa Botanica Team. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very nice stay with my family for 2 nights over holidays. Property in great condition, clean room, well trained and friendly staff. Pool is very nice, good hot tub and fitness center. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
I just wanted to thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Safe Travels....
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Nice, well-appointed, comfortable, warm. No surprises, nothing out of place. A little ticky-tacky, as far as the decor goes, but that was nothing new, as this is not the Chicago W, or whatever. Just another hotel, just another Embassy Suites. Roll over and get back on the road, nothing special. The fitness center is laughable, but what do you want, anyway???

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business