“BUGS in your bed are never good...”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Smiths, Alabama
“BUGS in your bed are never good...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our room was given to us LATE (around 9:35pm) and was told it was cleaned..woke up and found bugs on our 5 year old son. They said they didnt know what type if bug they were...but they were BED BUGS! Manager couldnt be found...allowed us to stay in the lobby showing everyone what we found and then stated they didnt file incident reports. Finally found someone to help, filed a report. I just hope this problem is taken care of....it was embarrassing to be treated like WE brought the bugs and that we should still pay for the room.

Room Tip: ALWAYS check the bed...at night!
3 Thank Krystal N
embassy_suites_hvill, Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you found bugs during your stay with us. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider. We will do everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me.

Alicia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lebanon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked directly with this hotel for my sister in law whom was going thru a horrible experience- her son's unexpected death. The staff was so compassionate and did everything they could to help us make all her arrangements. My sister in law had a wonderful hotel experience and said the staff went above and beyond to help her and ease her pain. That is rare these days. Kudos to this hotel staff!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am truly sorry for your families loss.

I am glad to hear that our staff was so helpful in assisting with your sister in laws situation. It is always nice to have a helping hand during any type of difficult time and I'm glad that our staff was there to help. Warm wishes to you and your family!
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed for three days for hockey tournament. Loved it the first two days great breakfast too. Then, the night before we left hubby went to pool with kids. Came back up to room started smelling a weird smell. Looked down on shoe and had stepped in feces somewhere in the hall. Nasty! He tried to find out where it came from but just found where it had been tracked on carpet down the hallway. We let housekeeping know about situation. Then started to pack up next morning an found a bed bug crawling across pillow where my toddler had just been sleeping. We killed the bedbug and immediately took it to front desk where manager was. We were told we would get a phone call, but never received one. We really did like the hotel, but will really check our room out better before we stay. Really feel like we should receive some kind of contact and maybe a discount. I'm now having to keep all our clothes and luggage in garage and wash a load at a time to make sure I have no bugs brought in my home. The feces was gross, but bed bug prevention is worse. I'm writing so others are aware stay, but just inspect it well before you do. Beds also need to be updated to queen instead of double. Nobody sleeps in doubles anymore either. The beds
were way to small and old. Just a thought they may make the stay a little more family friendly.

Room Tip: Inspect your room to make sure you are satisfied first.
Green Features: Everything they did to conserve was great. Very happy
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you found a bed bug during your stay with us. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider. We will do everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. If you would like to discuss this further I will be happy to speak with you.

Alicia - Assistant Manager
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a very nice hotel.

Pros: complimentary breakfast; manager's reception (free drink and snacks); close to Space and Rocket Center and HSV; lobby area very inviting; friendly staff; room is fairly well insulated from outside noise; hotel has recycle area in the lobby.

Cons: hotel charges $6.75 per day for parking in the uncovered parking lot; Ruth's Chris restaurant inside Embassy Suites is absurdly overpriced.

I would stay here again.

Green Features: Recycle area in the lobby is a plus. Most hotels don't offer guests the opportunity to recycle.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Smithville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Love this Embassy. We try to stay here every time we come to Huntsville, AL. Love the location, the staff, and the facility. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay. We were celebrating our daughter-in-law's birthday and was so happy to have such a nice place to spend time with our son and his wife. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
I just wanted to say Thank You for your recent review. I'm glad that you and your family got to spend quality time here at Embassy Suites and that we were able to meet your Embassy Suites expectations. Safe Travels and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Huntsville!
Arlington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The rooms are large, clean, and in fairly decent condition. The TV wouldn't get HD channels, but I wasn't that concerned. What really blew me away about this trip was the shuttle ride from the airport. The driver, Ron, was a doll! His customer service was fantastic. My flight arrived late at night after several delays, so I had mentioned that I didn't get dinner. He anticipated my needs and told me he would wait until I had checked into my room, then he would be happy to drive me to a nearby place to get food (since the restaurants in the hotel were closed by this time). He went above and beyond, and did a great job of leaving a good impression for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
First, let me thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Ron is a terrific Bellman. He really does go above and beyond his job description to help every guest he meets. Thank you for your review I will be posting this at the front so he will be able to read it! We do hope you return should your travels bring you back this way!
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

New Year's Eve we booked a room since we were attending an event at the VBC.
Check in: 20 minute wait - not even in large cities have we waited so long
Room: average, time to update - one of the drawers in the dresser completely broken and could not be closed
We had a coffee maker, however there was not a tray with coffee or tea. We did not really realize this until the next morning.
House keeping knocked on the door at 8:00 am asking us if we were ready to check out...no we were not since they woke us up. There was no do not disturb sign to put out.
Breakfast...huge crowd, took 25 minutes to get through line.
I am an honors member, have been for over 10 years. When I mentioned these things upon checkout, there was no apology, just an"oh no" and that was it.
Will we stay ther again? Not sure...We have stayed at Hilton properties all over the world, and this one did not meet the bar for us.
On the positive side...Ruth Chris is fabulous and we frequently go there. Great food, great service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that we fell short in giving you the Embassy Suites experience. I also want you to know that I have given this review to the proper departments and management so that these areas can be addressed. We do hope you give us another try should your travels bring you back this way. Thank you again for your review.