“A definite good choice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hartselle, AL, United States
“A definite good choice”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Embassy Hotels are very nice, and this one was no exception. We were there for a Huntsville Havoc hockey game. The rooms were very nice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located close to the Von Braun Civic Center and there is a walkway to the civic center. We will be using this hotel for all of our events at the Von Braun Civic Center.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were so helpful. Yes, having the skywalk that connects us to the VBC is very convenient for when a guest is here for an event, concert, or Havoc Hockey.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to hosting you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Athens, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Altogether the stay was just fine. When we arrived we were given a key to a room that was already occupied...we walked in and seen other peoples stuff everywhere. Thank goodness we didn't see other people in the room and we walked out immediately and were given another key at the check in desk...we were told we would receive free movie & popcorn but that didnt happen. We stayed in a smoking room that had NO VENTILATION! So it smelled horrible and my husband smoked in the room and I felt like I was trying to sleep in a smokey bar. Smoking rooms should have ventilation of some kind. But no vent in bathroom or anywhere else. But Overall I liked the hotel & the free breakfast was very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First I want to thank you for your review. Reviews are one of the ways that we can improve. I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. And I want to assure you that I have shown your review to the proper departments for review. We strive to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay and we hate when we fall short of this.

We do hope that you give us another try to bring you the Embassy Suites experience should your travels bring you back this way.
Capitol Height, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Business trip-there for two weeks and the experience was wonderful. From getting breakfast in the morning to the reception at night. Beautiful view of fountain. Hospitality crew was wonderful!! I plan on staying there again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Christine W
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel was good. Super busy though and not really a family hotel. We had to walk through the lobby (where Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is) in our swimsuits to get to the pool. It was awkward to say the least. Because of the the lack of dining options in the hotel and the area, we ordered room service. Great food but pricey (4 shrimp almost $20). Parking costs you. Internet costs you. Breakfast was free but subpar. My made to order omelette was in a puddle of grease. Staff was friendly but a request for more toiletries got us no extra shampoo/soap but 10 towels. And because they were so busy the entire evening, I didn't feel comfortable asking for anything to be corrected.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First, I'd like to thank you for your recent review. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you didn't get to enjoy the Embassy Suites standards that you expect. I can assure you this is not the norm and it has been brought to the proper department heads for correction. We want every guest to feel comfortable and at home while staying with us despite how busy the hotel may be and I'm sorry that we fell short on this. Thank you again for your review and we do hope that if you return to Huntsville that you give us another try to give you the Embassy Suites experience.
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great team operating this hotel. Very professional and concerned about the customer first. Clean and very convient to everything. Highly recommened. Tony the manager is very accessable and visable to the guest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First I'd like to thank you for your recent review. I agree, Tony is doing a great job as well as all of our staff at Embassy Suites Huntsville. Thank you again and I hope you choose us again the next time you are in town.
Smiths, Alabama
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our room was given to us LATE (around 9:35pm) and was told it was cleaned..woke up and found bugs on our 5 year old son. They said they didnt know what type if bug they were...but they were BED BUGS! Manager couldnt be found...allowed us to stay in the lobby showing everyone what we found and then stated they didnt file incident reports. Finally found someone to help, filed a report. I just hope this problem is taken care of....it was embarrassing to be treated like WE brought the bugs and that we should still pay for the room.

Room Tip: ALWAYS check the bed...at night!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Krystal N
embassy_suites_hvill, Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you found bugs during your stay with us. I can assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of all our guests and I thank you very much for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider. We will do everything we can to make sure we take the necessary precautions so that none of our guests have to deal with this inconvenient issue. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me.

Alicia
Lebanon, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked directly with this hotel for my sister in law whom was going thru a horrible experience- her son's unexpected death. The staff was so compassionate and did everything they could to help us make all her arrangements. My sister in law had a wonderful hotel experience and said the staff went above and beyond to help her and ease her pain. That is rare these days. Kudos to this hotel staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am truly sorry for your families loss.

I am glad to hear that our staff was so helpful in assisting with your sister in laws situation. It is always nice to have a helping hand during any type of difficult time and I'm glad that our staff was there to help. Warm wishes to you and your family!