This hotel claims to be the fairest in all the land...well, in Huntsville, AL anyway. Some of the things were nice, like the atmosphere (fountains, glass elevators, decor) and the breakfast. Unfortunately, in two days time, I experienced the following:
- Infestation: After leaving, both my girlfriend and I had multiple Bed Bug bites (this has not been verified by medical personnel, it is my opinion based on multiple images viewed in comparison to what we see on our bodies).
- Poor "follow through": When asked to have my room cleaned no later than 12:50pm due to circumstance, the front desk said "no problem." at 12:45 I was tracking down my own maid to come clean the room.
- Malfunctioning equipment: While attempting to watch a movie the movie stopped in the middle of it two or three times before they sent a repair technician up (Larry was his name, who was very kind and helpful). At that point though we were fed up and just said forget it.
- False promises: I asked for the price on a bottle of champaign to be sent to the room. I was informed that it would be $13 (as my date could not tell the difference between expensive or inexpensive anyway). When I requested that it be sent up the next day they chose to send a $50 bottle instead.
After bringing this all to the attention of hotel management, they were unwilling to resolve the difference in price from what they charged me compared to what one could expect to pay for the service rendered. More or less...they were all apologies, but, if money talks, they didn't say a word.
I followed up with Hilton's corporate customer support, who lodged a formal complaint with the hotel. Three days later, after hearing nothing, I called back in. The management was now willing to refund me for one nights stay. I am thankful for the partial refund, but unsure why I had to go to such lengthy measures to get resolution.
Positive things to note:
- The bar staff was very friendly
- The guy who does the omelets was a blast!
- The manager Kim is highly competent
- The people are overall friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Huntsville- Hotel & Spa is connected to the Von Braun center via a Skybridge. Enjoy the convenience of being downtown near the Huntsville Museum of Art and Big Spring Park. Relax at Spa Botanica, our on-site spa or dine in our award-winning restaurant, Ruth's Chris. Book your stay now for a wonderful Huntsville, AL hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Huntsville Hotel Huntsville
- Huntsville Embassy Suites