“Good Experience at a Conference Hotel”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good Experience at a Conference Hotel”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Overall, I found the hotel to be a good experience, but perhaps a bit dated. The room was comfortable, and having the extra "living room" was useful for networking with colleagues at my library conference. I was rather put off by not having an actual curtain between the hallway and the "living room" in the suite. There was only a gauzy "privacy curtain." I also found that my door slammed closed, which was unsettling.

Having not stayed at an Embassy Suites before, I was overwhelmed by the Manager's Reception. While unlimited drinks is pretty awesome, I must admit being rather hung over for most of the conference. The complimentary food during the reception and the complimentary breakfast were both great. It would have been helpful to know that there was an available menu during the reception, as I didn't find that out until the second night. It was much cheaper than Ruth's Chris.

I found both the hotel staff and the Ruth's Chris/bar tending staff to be knowledgeable and helpful.

The only real complaint I have was that it was very difficult to get around the city from the hotel since I was there while the city was setting up for Panoply, but that's not really the hotel's fault.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Embassy_Suites_HSV, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear CrimsonAutomation,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our complimentary Evening Reception is available nightly for our guests and our complimentary, cooked-to-order breakfast has amazing omelets and waffles.

Getting around the downtown area is usually quite easy and a lot of things are within walking distance but it does cause delays when the city hosts the annual Panoply and blocks off some of the roads. We do have a complimentary shuttle service, so the next time you are in town and don't feel like driving one of our bellman will take you where ever you need to go within the alotted distance.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed here before and this time was here with my husband and mother for a wedding. The hotel is spacious, rooms large and clean and the complimentary happy hour and breakfast were both very good. The under the hotel parking is pricey at $7/day but is very convenient. It is near the convention center, historic district and many restaurants etc. Great place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert B,

I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay and review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we are connected to the convention center via a skywalk which is convenient for our guests, especialy during bad weather.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Homewood, Alabama
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed during our last stay. Teenagers roamed the halls at various hours during the night. They screamed and yelled, and took all of the snacks out of the machines on the premium floors. There wasn't enough hot water, and the manager's reception in the evening had nothing to eat but chips and salsa. Parking was beyond aggravating. When we arrived at the hotel the entrance to the front was blocked off by cones. We paid for parking and then had to park in an insecure lot across the street because there was a hockey game goers to the Von Braun Center parked in the spaces we paid for during our stay. We watched out of our window from our room, and then moved our car into the main lot after midnight that still provided no security. The parking garage gate was left open at all hours, and part of it was roped off for no parking. To top it off, Ruth Chris had only two servers in the entire restaurant and it took three hours to have lunch with a group of eight people. Terribly disappointing...

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Heather H
Embassy_Suites_HSV, General Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Heather H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that the parking was packed during your stay. We strive to ensure that our parking lot is only available to our guests by providing security and extra staff to help monitor. I am sorry that we failed at this during your stay. The City owns the parking lot and unfortunately requires that we charge parking for each guest that uses it.

I appreciate your review as it provides the feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay, but wasn't aware of the cost for guests to park. That unexpected addition to my bill dampened my otherwise enjoyable experience. The food was excellent and the service was good. I would stay at this hotel again.

Dear Taneisha Y,

Thank you for your recent review. Unfortunately, we are required by the city to charge for parking and I apologize that you were not informed this at the time of booking. But I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Huntsville.
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It is sad when you see a nice hotel that was once a beautiful hotel being so outdated. I was disappointed with the service and we could not get the machines to work. And we were not the only people had trouble with this issue..... Went to eat breakfast. The lady that took ny ticket for the breakfast bar was rude and very unfriendly.. The food was terrible and I could not even eat it.
I will not return here... I will get another hotel and have a cab take me to the civic center for now on. :(

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Michelle H,

I want to thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We understand that when our guests stay with us that they expect the Embassy Experience and to feel like they are at their home away from home.

I have shared your review with the proper departments as well as the GM in hopes that we can improve from your feedback. We do hope that you will give us another try should you return to Huntsville.
Pisgah Forest, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were traveling for a demanding conference - expecting little sleep and a packed schedule. We were very impressed with how the staff handled a large number of people at check in and breakfast. Bed was amazing - and I am super picky! Well done Embassy Suites!

Dear Kristie B,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was so helpful. Thank you for your review; I will share it with each department. Safe Travels and we hope to see you again!
Grayson, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently took a family trip for Alumni weekend and stayed at this facility. The rooms were very clean, and check-in check-out experience pleasant and efficient, the staff was very helpful, and the overall experience was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Embassy_Suites_HSV, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Carolyn B,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your review to the managers. Thank you again and we hope to see you agian should you return to Huntsville.