Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
Windsor, Canada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Huntsville for three nights. No issues! The service from the front desk, to breakfast, to the evening reception, and housekeeping was excellent. Just a great stay! Was traveling with two teens and a younger one. Outstanding staff! Would stay again. Just a good experience!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bridgeport, Alabama
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This is a great place to stay if you are in Hunstville for business or a weekend. My husband surprised me with a one-night stay here on Oct. 1 to celebrate our 20th anniversary (we already went to St. Lucia for 5 nights!). The hotel is a little over two years old and is nicely decorated in modern touches with unique chandeliers, water fountains, and stained glass accents scattered here and there. The room was very nice and large. It had a mini fridge, a micorwave, a coffee maker, and a wet sink. There was also the standard desk and two flat screen TV's in the living area and the bedroom.
Inside the hotel is a spa and a Ruth's Chris Steak House. We went to both and enjoyed the experience. At the restaurant, my husband planned ahead with the hostess where we sat and even had roses(they were dipped in platinum-the metal for our anniversary) on our table! Everyone who came by congratulated us on our 20th anniversary and even gave us a chocolate mousse cake. Overall, it was a great experience.
After this, we walked around downtown Huntsville. The outside is very beautiful, with canals, fountains, lakes, and bridges to wander over and through. The hotel is also connected the the civic center, which makes it very convenient if you are coming to an event housed here.
The next day started with a made to order omelet at the wonderful breakfast area and then I went to the spa. When we first arrived at the hotel the day before, we scheduled my spa visit (another surprise from my husband). I scheduled the spa marathon, which is a 1/2 day spa but was told that I could not get the manicure or pedicure until 4:00 the next day. This was too late in the day ( I started at 10:00), so we scheduled a back treatment in its place.
Well, since this changed the package, the reservationists forgot to schedule my lunch! This was part of the package and was from the Ruth's Chris Steak House. It was 1:20 before I was through and thought maybe this was when I received my lunch. Wrong! This is when the mistake was caught and they said it would be another 30 minutes before the meal could be brought to me! This was not acceptable. My husband scheduled all this for me and was waiting for me to finish!
I asked if the lunch could be taken off the price and they at first were going to take off just $15. I knew that lunch should have cost more than that because a bowl of soup cost $8.50! After I complained, they took off $30. By this time, I really had a negative view of the spa visit. Now, the massage and facial were great, it was the ending that soured the visit! All I had for lunch was tea and some nuts! Other than the missed lunch, this was a great trip.

• Liked — Everything was very clean and well kept
  • Disliked — The spa forgetting to schedule my lunch
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoseTroy3
usmcfink
Reviewed 18 September 2008

This hotel claims to be the fairest in all the land...well, in Huntsville, AL anyway. Some of the things were nice, like the atmosphere (fountains, glass elevators, decor) and the breakfast. Unfortunately, in two days time, I experienced the following:

- Infestation: After leaving, both my girlfriend and I had multiple Bed Bug bites (this has not been verified by medical personnel, it is my opinion based on multiple images viewed in comparison to what we see on our bodies).

- Poor "follow through": When asked to have my room cleaned no later than 12:50pm due to circumstance, the front desk said "no problem." at 12:45 I was tracking down my own maid to come clean the room.

- Malfunctioning equipment: While attempting to watch a movie the movie stopped in the middle of it two or three times before they sent a repair technician up (Larry was his name, who was very kind and helpful). At that point though we were fed up and just said forget it.

- False promises: I asked for the price on a bottle of champaign to be sent to the room. I was informed that it would be $13 (as my date could not tell the difference between expensive or inexpensive anyway). When I requested that it be sent up the next day they chose to send a $50 bottle instead.

After bringing this all to the attention of hotel management, they were unwilling to resolve the difference in price from what they charged me compared to what one could expect to pay for the service rendered. More or less...they were all apologies, but, if money talks, they didn't say a word.

I followed up with Hilton's corporate customer support, who lodged a formal complaint with the hotel. Three days later, after hearing nothing, I called back in. The management was now willing to refund me for one nights stay. I am thankful for the partial refund, but unsure why I had to go to such lengthy measures to get resolution.

Positive things to note:

- The bar staff was very friendly

- The guy who does the omelets was a blast!

- The manager Kim is highly competent

- The people are overall friendly

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank usmcfink
Reviewed 7 September 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida, and it was fantastic. The price was higher than the hotel in Decatur we chose going down, but the difference in quality was amazing. The place is beautiful, they offer cocktails in the evening, they have all sorts of amenities (shop, dining, pool, fitness center), the rooms are beautiful and clean clean clean, very modern too. The staff there was excellent, I told the breakfast cooks they were the happiest people in all of Alabama. Everyone there was wonderful to us.
The only downfalls of the place are that they have no choice for dining for families with kids. The only dining option is Ruths Chris steakhouse. But we just ordered pizza. Also, I booked online with them, but they had no evidence of my booking when I arrived. It didn't matter, luckily.

• Liked — Clean, modern with a helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nowhere to eat dinner with our kids
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Les68
TEXAS!
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We stayed at the Embassy for a couple of weeks and thought our stay was wonderful. We enjoyed the warm and friendly manner of the staff in addition to their professionalism and efficiency. The pool was always clean and had plenty of towels available. Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning the room in a timely and unobtrusive way. The breakfast had good variety and was fresh and of quality. If I had anything to recommend it would be to upgrade the pastries, bagels and social hour appetizers. They were mediocre.

Our stay was not without issues (they lost an item while transferring our room, and Caffiena's - the coffee/sundry shop ,appeared closed more than it was open) but overall, they went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

I highly recommend!!

• Liked — Great staff, room size, location
  • Disliked — Some of the food
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasPlanner
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Stayed here to get a good nights sleep while traveling cross country. What a nice place. Rooms were very nice. I travel extensively all over the world, and these rooms are right up there with some nice hotels that cater to the business person. Check in process a little lengthy, but I did arrive at 1am.

• Liked — nice, clean, LARGE rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank pposte
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 11 May 2008

The hotel is well located; it is close to downtown. The room was a standard Embassy Suites room that was modern and clean. If visiting Huntsville again, I would stay here. The only criticism is that it did seem a little ridiculous to pay for hotel parking in Huntsvile. Internet is also additional.

• Liked — Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — View of power lines, internet and parking fees
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends