Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Our family stayed here one night for a short trip to Huntsville. The hotel was wonderful. Rooms clean and huge with a living room area seperate from the bedroom. Breakfast was great buffet style and fresh made to order. Work out room was ok with large windows into the pool area. We arrived very late on Friday evening and they gave us a late check out with no problems. Great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 April 2009

The rooms in this nearly new hotel (as of MAR 09) were well designed. Comfortable office desk & chair, nice living area, large window in the bedroom, and a window opening into the hallway, which is actually a balcony overlooking the atrium of the hotel. Well appointed bath with good lighting, a large tub, and strong water pressure in the shower. Bed was comfortable with varied pillow options already on the bed. The only drawback is a window in the living room that gives passers-by a view right into your room, including the bedroom. The drapes don't close. Aargh. No automated method to request wake up calls, which always makes me a bit nervous, but the morning call is automated, and it rang on time each morning.

Free cooked to order breakfast each day, and that included made to order omelettes or other eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, gravy and biscuits, plus the traditional continental breakfast too. Pretty amazing value if you ask me, particularly for business travelers on per diem. Kudos to the two cooks who were personable and made breakfast fun. Be sure to have tip money ready: they're worth it.

The hotel desk isnt exactly a desk- more like three mini-desks centered in the entrance foyer. A nice take on getting the desk clerks out into the open. And the desk clerks were pleasant and helpful. Kudos to Stephanie who helped me out with directions (excellent) and a room key reissue because I ended up staying an extra night.

The restaurant is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which is to me a drawback. One night we were unable to venture out for dinner because of tornado warnings and bad weather. Our only dining option was Ruth's Chris, and that set me back $70 for dinner. Not that the food was bad, because the food was wonderful. But $8 for a salad or $7 for a side of veggies, no matter how good, is too much for me. No other restaurant options, save a Starbucks, in the hotel. Others may find Starbucks and Ruth's a benefit.

The workout rooms is so-so, and the indoor pool was closed for renovations. They have in room wired internet, not sure if they have wi-fi.

My female coworker and I had manicures, and I added a pedicure. The prices are spa prices, but not a gouge. I must be a bit spoiled, because I thought the aestician was pleasant, but not of the caliber I usually get at home. Be sure to ask for the pedicure chair that WORKS. I went down to check out the spa, noted the chairs, and booked a pedicure. I was truly disappointed when I was already in the chair, shoes and socks off, feet in tub, when the aestician noted that the chair was broken.

When the area had tornado warnings, a staff member announced that the ballroom had been opened up for guests to sit in until the danger had passed. Not forcing folks to do so, but making it available. Nicely done.

The hotel is comfortable with a large atrium that all floors open onto, and gives a sense of spaciousness. Large breakfast area with plenty of seats.

The manager's reception each night offered wine and beer, and light snacks, like mushroom caps, wings, and veggies and dip, The wine and beer pouring was pretty generous, based on the glasses I saw being consumed.

All in all, an excellent stay with a couple perceived drawbacks.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank muse_clio
Reviewed 20 March 2009

This hotel was great. The suite was spacious and very clean, with all the amenities. e lThe service was excellent; we arrived late, with sleeping children, and they sent someone up right away to make up the sofa-bed so that we could get them all back to sleep. Breakfast was fine (the scrambled eggs were not great, but, as my son said, they rarely are), and everything else was very nice - the people making the omelets and waffles were extremely friendly and helpful. The downtown location seemed a little isolated from everything except the convention center - no gas stations or supermarkets, but there was a mini-mart in the hotel. It was not exactly convenient to the Marshall Space Center, where we were going, but it was nice to know that it was exactly what other reviewers of tripadvisor had recommended.

Small notes: there is a $5/day charge for parking in the very convenient lot; there is also a charge for internet, which we didn't use.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Great hotel - no other way to describe it. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Managers reception and breakfast were well stocked. Fitness center has 2 elipticals, 2 tredmills, 1 bike and free weights. Staff is very friendly. If you are staying in Huntsville - stay here.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2009

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Huntsville for three nights. No issues! The service from the front desk, to breakfast, to the evening reception, and housekeeping was excellent. Just a great stay! Was traveling with two teens and a younger one. Outstanding staff! Would stay again. Just a good experience!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This is a great place to stay if you are in Hunstville for business or a weekend. My husband surprised me with a one-night stay here on Oct. 1 to celebrate our 20th anniversary (we already went to St. Lucia for 5 nights!). The hotel is a little over two years old and is nicely decorated in modern touches with unique chandeliers, water fountains, and stained glass accents scattered here and there. The room was very nice and large. It had a mini fridge, a micorwave, a coffee maker, and a wet sink. There was also the standard desk and two flat screen TV's in the living area and the bedroom.
Inside the hotel is a spa and a Ruth's Chris Steak House. We went to both and enjoyed the experience. At the restaurant, my husband planned ahead with the hostess where we sat and even had roses(they were dipped in platinum-the metal for our anniversary) on our table! Everyone who came by congratulated us on our 20th anniversary and even gave us a chocolate mousse cake. Overall, it was a great experience.
After this, we walked around downtown Huntsville. The outside is very beautiful, with canals, fountains, lakes, and bridges to wander over and through. The hotel is also connected the the civic center, which makes it very convenient if you are coming to an event housed here.
The next day started with a made to order omelet at the wonderful breakfast area and then I went to the spa. When we first arrived at the hotel the day before, we scheduled my spa visit (another surprise from my husband). I scheduled the spa marathon, which is a 1/2 day spa but was told that I could not get the manicure or pedicure until 4:00 the next day. This was too late in the day ( I started at 10:00), so we scheduled a back treatment in its place.
Well, since this changed the package, the reservationists forgot to schedule my lunch! This was part of the package and was from the Ruth's Chris Steak House. It was 1:20 before I was through and thought maybe this was when I received my lunch. Wrong! This is when the mistake was caught and they said it would be another 30 minutes before the meal could be brought to me! This was not acceptable. My husband scheduled all this for me and was waiting for me to finish!
I asked if the lunch could be taken off the price and they at first were going to take off just $15. I knew that lunch should have cost more than that because a bowl of soup cost $8.50! After I complained, they took off $30. By this time, I really had a negative view of the spa visit. Now, the massage and facial were great, it was the ending that soured the visit! All I had for lunch was tea and some nuts! Other than the missed lunch, this was a great trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RoseTroy3
Reviewed 18 September 2008

This hotel claims to be the fairest in all the land...well, in Huntsville, AL anyway. Some of the things were nice, like the atmosphere (fountains, glass elevators, decor) and the breakfast. Unfortunately, in two days time, I experienced the following:

- Infestation: After leaving, both my girlfriend and I had multiple Bed Bug bites (this has not been verified by medical personnel, it is my opinion based on multiple images viewed in comparison to what we see on our bodies).

- Poor "follow through": When asked to have my room cleaned no later than 12:50pm due to circumstance, the front desk said "no problem." at 12:45 I was tracking down my own maid to come clean the room.

- Malfunctioning equipment: While attempting to watch a movie the movie stopped in the middle of it two or three times before they sent a repair technician up (Larry was his name, who was very kind and helpful). At that point though we were fed up and just said forget it.

- False promises: I asked for the price on a bottle of champaign to be sent to the room. I was informed that it would be $13 (as my date could not tell the difference between expensive or inexpensive anyway). When I requested that it be sent up the next day they chose to send a $50 bottle instead.

After bringing this all to the attention of hotel management, they were unwilling to resolve the difference in price from what they charged me compared to what one could expect to pay for the service rendered. More or less...they were all apologies, but, if money talks, they didn't say a word.

I followed up with Hilton's corporate customer support, who lodged a formal complaint with the hotel. Three days later, after hearing nothing, I called back in. The management was now willing to refund me for one nights stay. I am thankful for the partial refund, but unsure why I had to go to such lengthy measures to get resolution.

Positive things to note:

- The bar staff was very friendly

- The guy who does the omelets was a blast!

- The manager Kim is highly competent

- The people are overall friendly

Stayed: September 2008