“Night light in the room - a first”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Downtown
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, United States
“Night light in the room - a first”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was in town for a conference with over 2500 others. The hotel was conveniently located to the Von Braun Center. There was construction going on which caused the air to be dusty but overall, no problems. Hotel Staff were very attentive and friendly. I thought the night-light in the room was a great idea....

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a brand new Hilton hotel. I am so happy that another Homewood Suites is in the area other than the location at Providence. One problem you may run into is that this hotel is always sold out and over booked with the amount of government travelers. I would suggest to book extremely early. This hotel is very close to Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville Hospital, and the VBC. PLUS - There is a new Publix building right next to the hotel and also restaurants. The most friendliest staff that I have ever met. The rooms are very nice and clean. Beds are extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were excited about staying at the hotel as it was only a week old. They forgot to clean our room. The staff took forever to bring us clean towels. It was raining really hard and the gutter system made a loud gurgling noise outside of our room for 3 hours and we could not sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Gloria M
Vickie T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Downtown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Ms.Gloria
We are glad that you took the time to complete a review about our property. We were only a week old when you stayed and obviously we had some learning curves but we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We hope that you will give us another chance when returning to Huntsville. Because of your comments we did make some changes to our Gutter system and hopefully that noise has stopped when it is raining. We are truly sorry you had this experience but look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Vickie Thrower,
Memphis, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had a excellent experience. The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was great and very accommodating for business clients with the business center located in the lobby.

New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel was new (there was still construction going on outside), so there were some kinks in the reservation system and the cable winked out a couple of times. However, the staff helped me out and got me settled pretty quickly. Overall, a very pleasant place to stay!

Birmingham
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I work at Huntsville Hospital frequently and was looking forward to this hotel opening its doors. I was impressed. It has a very nice gym that bests all nearby hotels except the Westin which is located 10 miles west. My only complaint was that the TVs on the exercise equipment were not functional yet. This is probably due to the hotel opening 5 days before my visit. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Huntsville.

1 Thank deltaman
Birmingham
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I work at Huntsville Hospital frequently and was looking forward to this hotel opening its door. I was impressed. It has a very nice gym that bests most nearby hotels. My only complaint was that the TVs on the exercise equipment was not functional yet. This is probably due to the hotel opening 5 days before my visit. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Huntsville.