“Nice place, No complaints!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while we were traveling from Florida back to Kansas. We found the staff to be very polite, the room was clean quiet, large and comfortable and the breakfast was good. With our military discount we only paid $84 a night for our suite, will definitely be staying here again when ever we are traveling back through the area

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Army-Wife-94e
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Whenever possible, my wife and I stay at Homewood Suites when we travel. We enjoy having a true "suite" rather than just a room divider like many of the other brand "suites." The staff is always friendly, the breakfasts are hardy, and the facility is very clean. This Homewood Suites is no exception. However, I will have to downgrade this location from a 5 to a 4 rating due to the design and function of the a/c units.

The a/c units were so loud that I was unable to get a good night’s sleep. The a/c units are in the wall, but operate off of thermostats that turn them on and off based on room temperature. The problem is that the units were very loud and could not be turned to a lower (i.e. quieter) fan speed. Also, they would cycle on and off at short intervals—the a/c would come on and only run for about 30 seconds before turning off. The a/c would then come again in just a few minutes for another 30 seconds and then turn off. I guess the hotel has them programmed for these short cycles to save energy, but it makes it impossible to mentally block out the sound as “white noise” and the a/c noise constantly wakes you up. I also doubt that this really saves energy.

I was tired the first morning… the second morning I was just plain exhausted….

Room Tip: Use the advance, online check-in to get a room that you like.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Homewood Suites at the Village of Providence in Huntsville, AL is a nice hotel. The surrounding area is very quaint with several restaurants and shops nearby. The place is fairly new and is in great condition. All of the employees I encountered during the stay were great. The rooms are very comfortable and the bed was fantastic. This place has the best selection of TV channels I’ve ever experienced at a chain hotel. There is no Lodge Net (good thing) and you pretty much get standard basic extended cable. The fitness room is very lacking though with only three pieces of mediocre cardio equipment and some free weights.

The place is good but not great compared so some of the other Homewood Suites I’ve stayed at. Some of the breakfast items tasted and looked like institutional food. There were no fresh cut melons like some other places have. I was surprised the hotel did not have an affiliation with a local gym as many others do. The last thing is the manager was never out greeting guests at the social hour like some other Homewood Suites do.

The place is good for a short or extended day. All of the things I noted are not deal breakers and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank barryvo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a very nice for hotel for the money. The gym was great and there was an indoor pool. My only issue was there was a bit of noise, but I was in the 1st room next to the elevator. It wasn't bothersome enough to ask for a new room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

State Farm put us up here for 2 months after our home fire in 2010. They have some kind of deal with State Farm, many of their employees were there. The staff was great. While she was in our room by herself, the housekeeper accidentally vacuumed over our WII cord. She immediately reported it and "all hands" were called to help! We had a new cord within 2 hours. However, the next housekeeper was abysmal, She broke the dishwasher and instead of doing anything, she left dirty dishes in there to rot. She also reported us because she claimed my teen's room was too messy and she wasn't going to clean it. They serve dinner weekday evenings and breakfast in the mornings. The food was truly horrible. They serve free wine and beer during dinner time, which was nice. They have a good selection of alternative items to eat like salad, yogurt, fruit, cereals, and pasta. Go to the Mellow Mushroom, within walking distance from the hotel for good food instead. Their laundry room was great. Very clean, good quality machines, and not expensive at all. A good selection of the newest DVDs for free. A trendy grocery store within walking distance with unique items, and excellent wine choice. The business center had 1 pc but it had a lot of office supplies you could use if you forgot yours. They also had a massues in the lobby who would do your shoulders for free on his chair after a long day. Note that if you are on the 3rd floor, the wifi signal doesn't reach that far. There is a CVS within walking distance if you need anything, Nice people stayed at this hotel. Nice, safe, and pretty area. Except for the food and the one bad housekeeper, we liked it a lot,

Room Tip: Get a room on the right side of the hotel. Closer parking, and the elevator works faster on that si...
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hotel is in a great little walking neighborhood with some excellent non-chain restaurant choices. The rooms are huge and clean. After a bit of a struggle trying to find a hotel online I thought I'd be comfortable in, I'm extremely happy with this Homewood Suites. Check in took under a minute and my room was exactly what I wanted. WiFi is free, as is wired Internet if you prefer that or have your own travel router to use. Kitchen in room is stocked with dishes, glasses, utensils, even a pan and a roll of paper towels. Coffee/Tea setup also has nam brand popcorn! Room has fullsize fridge and freezer, also small stove, microwave, etc. I'm really not sure what more you could want. It's not meant to be a luxury spa hotel, but it's an extremely comfortable and nice business or family extended stay suites hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We initially went to check out rooms at the Westin - they had basic king rooms for $149 and the desk staff acted like we should be grateful to get it for that. Homework Suites/Hilton offered a two room suite with kitchenette that was roomy and comfortable. Great location - fantastic food just steps away. Staff is excellent. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2011