By my own fault I booked a room that was too small for our family of five, it only had one bed and a pullout couch. Before we even checked into the room the check-in staff looked at my family and said the room would not be big enough for us. I asked if we could just get a rollaway bed we would be fine. They said they didn't have a rollaway but would find something better. After checking on the computer for a few minutes they asked if we would consider a smoking room. I said normally no, but we would be willing to take a look at it. So, he took us up to a room on the fourth floor. When we walked through the door into the room all of our mouths dropped open in disbelief at how nice and huge the room was. It turned out he had taken us to one of their two bedroom suites. The first room had a full kitchen, dining area, couch and recliner. Off to the left was a second room with two queen beds and a large bathroom. Then off to the right was another huge master bedroom with a king bed and bathroom. All three rooms were finished beautifully and had their own large flat panel TV and DVD player. Each room was larger than a standard hotel room by itself; put them together and you basically have a 2 bedroom condo. To top it off, even though it was a smoking room we didn't smell any traces of smoke. I told the desk clerk that we would love the room, but wondered how much extra it would cost. He responded back by saying, "Not a thing...We'll just give you an upgrade."
Later we went to the lobby for the manager's reception thinking this would be the typical fair of chips, popcorn, beer, and maybe a cookie. They actually had a full meal! The menu that evening consisted of a salad bar, grilled chicken, green beans, potatos, and fresh rolls. All were excellent. Drinks included wine, beer, soda, and tea.
Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive. The menu included eggs, ham, bacon, hash browns, blueberry cobbler, grits, yogurt, fruit, and the usual assortment of breads, cereals, and pastries. Again all were excellent, especially the cobbler!
We didn't explore the area around the hotel so I can't comment on the location. However, it was convenient enough and we experienced an excellent night before going to visit the US space center the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Huntsville-Village of Providence, Alabama hotel is beautifully located in an upscale planned community, within walking distance to a plethora of serene walking trails and many shopping and dining establishments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Huntsville-Village Of Providence Hotel Huntsville
- Homewood Suites Huntsville
- Homewood Huntsville
- Huntsville Homewood Suites