“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient”

Comfort Suites Huntsville
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed here for a weekend and had an enjoyable experience. The hotel staff were friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious and clean. Everything in the room worked the way it was supposed to with no surprises or problems. This hotel has a great location. It is close to shopping, restaurants, and attractions. The Choice Hotel breakfast is something I never cared for - limited selection and bad coffee. Overall, a pleasurable experience, and at $77 a night, I'd stay there again should I need to be in the area. For the value you get here, skip the higher priced hotels!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Shad0wy

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We booked this room during a road trip to visit relatives. The price was right and all we needed was a room for the six of us as we traveled. When we pulled in at night I was happy to see the "Now Open" banner. As my husband checked in he found out that the hotel had been open for three or four years already, so the Now Open banner probably had been there a while.

Their USA flag out front was ragged, ripped and needing replacing. That has nothing to do with our stay but it irks me.

The checkin staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nice. It was smallish as it had one room with two beds and a half wall between that room and another room with a fold-out couch.

The room looked nice but the lamps were looking tired. They had silver trim on them that was peeling off and that sort of gave the room a worn out look.

We were looking forward to the "hot breakfast" which was "featuring" biscuits and gravy the morning we were there. The breakfast was nothing special at all. The coffee included decaf, bold, and premium (I think it was "premium") and the premium was empty for the time we were in there. My husband properly called the biscuits "hardtack" as they were room-temp and hard. The kitchen was understaffed and used tables had to be wiped by the guests. The breakfast selections were limited and unexciting. They did have one of those flippy waffle irons but only one and that seemed to be the only thing people wanted to eat so there was quite the line there.

I didn't go to the pool but my husband took the two younger kids and said it was okay.

It was an average hotel with a decent price but maybe next time we'll stay somewhere else. My mom said that the King Inn was a great budget motel but they didn't have any rooms the night we were in town...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank FamilyofSix_Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Stayed there just one night & was looking for a bargain, but comfortable place. They gave me an AARP rate even though we were under 60, which not everybody does. The room was not really a suite in any sense of the word, but the king bed was very comfortable, with nicer than usual pillows. The free breakfast made it an even better bargain, and was just fine, though not anything really special. The business center had two computers and that was very valuable to me -- no waiting, and I was able to get online to all the sites I needed to get to, as I was doing some research.

The indoor pool was very tiny, and closed too early and opened too late, so I wasn't able to use it. Places that cater to business people should open their pools by 6 or 7 at the latest. And my only other wish would be that it had a hot tub or jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyGwyneth
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We had been staying with the Hilton Garden Inn across the street (also a nice hotel) and because they were full they recommended the Comfort Inn. The rooms were clean and we loved the extra sleeper sofa for our son. We had a great stay.and it was all due to Kim. She welcomed us as walk-in's and couldn't have been nicer. We had to move our second night in town, because the Comfort Inn was full as well, but Kim found us a room. Going above and beyond, knowing that our next night's hotel did not have a pool, she offered to let our 12 yr old come back and swim in the Comfort Inn pool. Although we did not take her up on her offer it was much appreciated and she definitely won us over. Kim deserves kudos for her good work.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 3barnes
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I was very pleased with the group rate given to us - we were traveling for volleyball tournaments. The nice young lady named Samantha at the front desk during check-in was quick, efficient and courteous. The pool was small but clean and just what our girls needed to relax beofre a good nights rest. Our room was spacious - we had two doubles and a couch. We even had a real closet - with closing doors! The breakfast bar was standard but well-stocked. The lady was continuously restocking, straightening and wiping the counters. This hotel was very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RainyGirl72
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Clean, comfortable, convenient, well appointed, what a deal. Front desk staff was efficient and busy, parking plentiful. The layout of this Comfort Suites is an amazing value, with a sofa and table for relaxing or casual dining before bed, microwave for snacks AND a refrigerator for restaurant leftovers, big flat-screen TV, roomy attractive bathroom, good closet space, LOTS of desk and dresser space and a comfortable bed. You can trust the photos on Choice Hotels International. There is a huge Target with groceries right across University Avenue and popular Rosie's Mexican Cantina is just across the parking lot. This location is convenient to Research Park and rates fall within Government per diem, yet set back from the busy road on a cul-de-sac off a cul-de-sac. They could have doubled the rate with more glamorous fabrics and furniture, I suppose, but I have everything I need close at hand, a treadmill for my morning exercise, and free Internet and breakfast TO BOOT! Yep, I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Full_It
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I was very impressed when walking into this hotel. The lobby was very open and welcoming and so was the room. Extremely clean and well kept rooms. The staff were also nice and attentive from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business