“Good location”

Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Augusta, Georgia
“Good location”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I found this to be a good location and pet friendly, just right outside of Huntsville, and an easy drive to the airport area for my event. The property is nicely landscaped, right off 72 and with fast food nearby. Waffle House is a short walking distance; others like Taco Bell, McDonalds, Arby's, Subway and KFC are a short drive. While my room was rather small (single Queen) in my opinion, I liked the window seat which was a good place to sit and watch TV, and my pet could watch the comings and goings on outside. Breakfast was fine, with the usual breakfast breads, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, etc, and a nice extra touch of sliced watermelon. If I were to visit the area again, I would more than likely select this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TuxedosToGo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clarkesville, ga
Reviewed 12 June 2012

we stayed here for my sons graduation from space camp. the rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. my daughter enjoyed the outdoor pool. we would definately stay here again. can't beat it for the price. it is not directly in the hustle and bustle of town but only a few miles from walmart and shopping areas.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank JEANNIE C
dljr60
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Unfortunately, I stayed at this hotel while attending funeral of a dear friend. This hotel was chosen for those of us coming in from out of town. The staff was aware of the circumstances and were very comforting and did everything possible to make the stay comfortable. Te hotel seemed very new. Very clean. Breakfast was simple but fine. There are a few fast food places nearby. Restaurants are a little bit of a drive. The hotel is very nice. Simple, clean, great front desk. Internet was good too.

Room Tip: no room service.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dljr60
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable, perfect for just one or two nights for a business traveler.
Quiet location, close to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lovegooddining
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Where ever I travel, I attempt to locate a Microtel Inn & Suites. I love their suites and I really enjoy the service and staff. Microtel Inn & Suites/Huntsville offered a friendly and helpful staff, and a clean hotel. My suite had a lovely view and was extremely cozy. I will stay here again in the future!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Waynesville, MO
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel was clean, the grounds well kept, desk staff was not very friendly when we checked in late but the person on duty next morning was smiling and helpful. Traffic during the week days on Highway 72 is like any other commute area; very busy until about 9:00am. My wife always complains about the beds when we are traveling but not this time. May I suggest that your staff take their smoke break at the back area of the building not where your guests are arriving.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me and 2 of my friends checked in the hotel about 7pm on March 3, 2012. We came to Huntsville to celebrate a friends birthday and got a hotel room because we didn't want to drive home after celebrating. After we checked in we went to the room and had TWO drinks and went out to dinner. There was no party, no loud music, and no bad behavior of any kind. We were 3 adults that had 2 drinks and went to dinner! When we came back about 3 hours later we couldn't get in our room and there was a sign on our door that said, "come to the front lobby". The night manager had gone in our room and packed up our stuff while we were out!!!!! He said WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LUGGAGE???? We came from a town an hour away for ONE NIGHT! Of course we didn't have a lot of luggage. We each had a small bag. This man went in our room and through our personal things because he thought we didn't have ENOUGH LUGGAGE? Are you kidding me? What gives him the right to decide how much luggage we need? There was NO REASON for us to be treated this way. I was completely shocked by this man and the decisions he made. He was not from the United States so I couldn't even understand half of what he was saying. He was arrogant and incompetent. He violated my rights by going through my personal belongings without my permission. He found a change of clothes and toiletries and kicked us out! What kind of customer service is that? We stayed there because it was one night and inexpensive. The fact that it was pretty much a dump wasn't too much of a factor because it was ONE NIGHT! Do not stay at this hotel. It's half-way cleaned, dingy sheets, dingy carpet and a complete moron for a Night Manager!!!! Never ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. The night manager is an idiot! If you don't bring enough luggage...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends