“La Quinta”

Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canton, Missouri, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Hotels-Rates reservation system was good. LaQuinta personnel were very accomodating and helpful. The room was fairly clean, except the carpet was dirty and needed shampooing or replacement. Outside appearance of motel was clean and well groomed. Driveway and parking were good. Only one ice machine for the entire lower level with it poorly located across the courtyard on the opposite side of the units which required a long walk, moreso a difficulty for someone who walks with a cane.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary D
California, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This LQ is smack in the middle of a ghetto, but I was only staying for one night while I was on a road trip so it didn't matter that much. The room was clean, for the most part - they need to replace the carpeting and get rid of the nail polish stains on the sink. Other than that it was fine.

The best feature about this LQ is that the rooms are motel-like, with exterior doors. I like this because I travel with an overnight bag, a small Keurig, a laptop, and a dog. Makes it easier to get everything to the room when my car is parked right outside the door to my room.

Ashley the desk clerk, couldn't have been any nicer or more efficient.

If you're vacationing and going to be a few days, stay somewhere else. But if you're on the road and just need to crash for the night, this LQ is perfectly fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank DeeJayGude
Stafford, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

It must be something about us and Huntsville.
We are not hard to please, a clean room and a comfortable bed is all we need to be happy.
I don't know if it had a reflection on the room we got but i booked this hotel using United air-miles.
the reception staff were friendly that's about the only good thing I can say. the room was tatty old and dirty the bathroom stank of bleach but that did not cover the smell of mold very well. the walls and ceiling had black mold on them. The door had obviously been soaked at some point and was warped so it did not fit properly. The carpet was threadbare and filthy. The chair was stained as was the cover on the bed. I have never stayed in a la Quinta before that was this run down and filthy. I have to say I will not consider staying here again and it has jaded my view of the la Quinta Franchise.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay there are obviously better rooms than the one we got.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nohope587

Travellers are raving about these Huntsville hotels

Shelbyville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My son & I were in town for the Car Audio World Championships at the Von Braun Center so we weren't in the room much but it seemed to be fairly peaceful surroundings when we were there. Just going to give the facts---room was a good size, bathroom seemed small, beds were VERY comfortable(including the pillows), having no in-room fridge was a little disappointing, staff was really friendly, didn't try the breakfast, wi-fi worked well, location was convenient to several restaurants & the Von Braun---that's pretty much it in a nutshell. My son said he would stay there again if the Championships were ever back in Huntsville. Hope this helps!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RLamb4
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We booked a room for two nights and arrived in the early evening to unload before going out again. When we arrived, the front-desk staff was friendly. Yet, a vagrant was walking around outside looking very creepy. We stayed at the same place last year and I believe that is where another vagrant was eating out of the trash can. Anyway, when we were walking to our room facing the pool, across the way were three guys standing outside a room talking real loud and rapping. We left for several hours after unloading our stuff and returned and the same guys were STILL rapping and carrying on very loudly. We got settled in, and a couple of hours later, the rapping was STILL going on, rap "songs" whose lyrics were primarily composed of the "f-word" and the "n-word." Then, after crawling into bed, I noticed hair. I pulled back the sheets and the hair was on the back side of the mattress. We removed the sheets, and the hair was covering the comforter and all over the mattress pad, and the comforter had yellow stains all over it. Before we noticed the comforter and the mattress pad, we took the sheets to the front and I simply asked for replacements. Every trip back and forth meant me walking through the ghetto to theme "music." Yet, upon my return is when we noticed the comforter and mattress pad. I took it back to the front and the nice staff lady was shocked the maids missed it. She said it appeared to her to be dog and cat hair covering all of the bedding. I pointed out that we would have never booked a room if we had known pets had been in there, but she countered that all La Quintas are pet-friendly. I pointed out that La Quinta should disclose upon reservation that prospective guests may be staying in a room in which pets have been and that my wife is allergic to pet dander/hair. I had already mentioned the rapping on my first visit to get the sheets and was told then that she would "do her thing" at about 10pm when she went to lock the pool. (Lock the pool in mid-late October?!) Upon my return, the rapping had continued for another 15 minutes and I was told that the manager had said she was sorry for my experience I said I wanted to just get my money back. They reversed the charges, but unfortunately the authorization had already locked out those funds for using at another motel. As we were loading up, the rapping and raucous continued. It was midnight before we finally got settled into another motel after driving around Huntsville. For $20 more a night, we got a GREAT room, but NOT at a La Quinta. BTW, did I mention that when I was leaving I noticed tha the the motel inspection rating sheet posted in the lobby said "81"?! Go figure!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank 861amandam
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I would definately stay at this hotel again. If you're looking for 4-star luxury, this is not the place for you. However, if you're on a tight budget and want a clean place to sleep, I recommend this hotel. The check in was quick, efficient and friendly. Our room (on the first floor) was clean and didn't have any weird odor. A nice bonus was seeing the fridge and microwave. The place is a bit dated and if you look closely you'll see a few things that could be repaired, but I had no complaints. The king bed was very comfortable. Plentiful hot water. Free breakfast. Efficient housekeeping service. (I did not check out the pool.) Yes, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor require that you use the stairs. There is no elevator. All rooms open up to th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple