“Would not recommend”

Days Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family stayed for three nights at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center La Quinta. It was not a good stay. We like to stay at La Quintas because they are affordable and allow our dog to come with us. This particular one is horrible. The hotel itself is overdue for a renovation. The ceiling was falling in part of our room. The room was dirty--mildew in the bathtub, hair from previous pet guests, etc. But, the worst part of the stay was the owner. He came to the pool and accused my husband of not having a room at the hotel because he has a large beard. After that, every time my family went to the pool, the owner would show up and watch us from the second floor balcony. It was unnerving. I do not recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Constance E

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Why ask the question"would you like smoking or non? " if you are given the opposite of what you request. Upon arrival at this property our impressions were rather positive. However, when we entered our supposedly non-smoking room we passed through an endless barrage of cigarette smoke. This should have given us our first clue to managements inability to comprehend their guests choices. While the room smelled clean the ceiling, was yellow and plaster was hanging. Housekeeping was disorganized and often over looked essentials such as, towels, toilet paper, and soap.

While the safety of the motel was adequate and sleeping accommodations were satisfactory, I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

While the price isn't bad (only paid $57 per night), you pretty much get what you pay for. The ceiling is coming down in places, rooms are small and dingy, and the free breakfast is inadequate. Plus, I was profiled because of my beard of all things. The hotel owner (who apparently is a "beard-racist") pulled me out of the pool because he said I have a large beard that makes me look like someone "who would stay at a different hotel and come swim at mine". He told me I had to tell him what room I was staying in so he could verify that I was actually one of his guests, even though he could've just rolled the camera back an hour or so and see me at the front desk checking in. After that, any time my family and I were in the pool, the creep would come stand on the 2nd floor balcony and watch us the whole time we swam. Very odd creepy vibes from the dude.

All in all, we will definitely be staying elsewhere next time, and will not be recommending this particular La Quinta to anyone I know.

• Stayed: July 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The maintenance on the hotel is only so-so. We had the king suite. The room was very spacious but the maintenance was so-so like the rest but the biggest issue is that they had no elevator!

We were ate the start of a 14 day trip and we pack in trunks. We had to haul all our stuff up one flight of stairs! Going up and down one flight is no big deal when you're going up normally but when hauling trunks and other travel stuff it's a real pain.The night clerk on 07/26/14 was really surly.

Last issue and I'm not sure if this is because it was in Alabama but people were smoking right outside the front of the door, some of them were even hotel employees. For those of us who are non-smokers have to walk through a haze of smoke to get to your room was not fun.

One bright ray was the lady who looked after the continental breakfast that morning. She was very sunny and sweet.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I spent one night at this hotel and were glad we did not have to stay any longer. The room was shabby and the amenities were few; only soap was provided. It was not a pleasant place to relax. This property is the lowest quality La Quinta that I have ever stayed in. It wasn't worth the few dollars that you might save staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times when traveling so the repeat business should give a good indication that I'm satisfied. Rooms are clean and tidy, internet is hit or miss, but the real winner is the breakfast spread every morning. I'll be back again and again, I'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I came to Huntsville for one night on our way to North Carolina. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The pool was out of order but that wasn't a big deal for us because we wouldn't have used it any ways. The next time we are in town we will definitely stay. The only reason why I did not give this a 5 out of 5 is because though the clerk at the desk was nice he seemed very confused and in a hurry when we were checking in.