“You get what you pay for!!!”

Knights Inn Huntsville
Ranked #34 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were headed to the Talladega for the race on May 6th. Well we needed an immediate place to crash and places were filling up like crazy. So we decided on this hotel for the price. That was wrong from the start. We left Friday night and got there at around 11:00. None of us felt safe being out there and I constantly watched my back when I was outside of the room. The room was big I will give them that but it wasn't that clean. The wifi, or what was of it, was horrible. The rooms smelled and the floor had what looked like a layer of dust. The bathroom was ok but I expected more than 2 towels to be in there. Nothing else was in the room except the beds, a table and 2 chairs, sink, tv, chest, 4 lamps, night stand, and ONE plug in. Well it was horrible. I unplugged the clock raido, useless since it didn't work, to plug in 2 cell phones since there was only one hole in each outlet. It wasn't a great stay at all but glad we only stayed 1 night in the 2 rooms. Stay away from here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caleb R

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed at this location in August. I was impressed when I walked into the nicely decorated lobby. When I told the attendant that I wanted a smoking room, they made sure that I got one on the ground floor.

I went in to the room and I was suprised. The room had a good amount of space. All furnature matched in color. The bathroom counter had nice granit top and the shower and tub area was also redone. I thought that this was a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcie D
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel is very nice. It is clean, some people don't understand. For required standard at any Knights Inn motel, they have more amenities than other Knights Inn motels. At other 4 to 5 star hotles they charge for internet and phone calls made, here it is all free. Over there the rates can be close to $100, at the Knights Inn here, it is more than half the price. I was statsified with what I paid for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicky524
Reviewed 5 January 2012

.....AND SOMETIMES YOU DON'T. i was tired after along drive and was just looking for a room to crash in until morning. The ad said " award winning" although after staying here I left wondering who gave them the award and for what.I could tolerate no coffee maker in the room but when I went to the office at 6:15 am it was locked and I was forced to seek out a gas staion for some over night mud in a cup.So much for the continental breakfast. This location has been recently renovated with plenty of good lighting in the parking lot ( a good thing when you are located on the fringes of the "HOOD".)
Room was clean and bed relatively comfortable, good shower, scratchy towels and an unwanted guest crawling on the wall. After checking the bed thoroughly , I felt safe at this point. If your looking for a cheap bed and shower this place will probably work for you.....I've seen a lot worse for more money. The Knights Inn in Panama City comes to mind.

Room Tip: Take a few moments to stop at a free wifi location like McDonalds to check Trip Advisor on your lapt...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bill_Volmary_2004
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My boyfriend and I got this hotel through hotwire.com . We were hoping to get La Quinta Inn and Suites because it was on the list of hotels in the area. However, we were given this one. First of all, the room my boyfriend and I choose was smoke-free. We did not get a smoke free room. It still smelled of smoke and a smoke-free room costs $5.00 extra! Come on! The TV was ridiculously old and there were dead bugs by the window. There was a hole at the bottom of the bathroom door...why was that there?! Their towels were so hard! They felt like steel wool! And when I went to ask for more, the manager acted like he did not want to give me any. He gave me the towels through a small window...what in the world. I asked for more pillows and he said no...what kind of hotel do not give out extra pillows. There were not enough plugs for my boyfriend's and my laptops! They were on the other side of the room. The bed was hard of course. The walls are SUPER thin because one night all we heard was loud moaning sounds. You know what they were doing...and why was our room connected to another room? It was locked, but I did not like that. Their internet sucks because it kept dropping. The manager is rude and I never saw anyone to clean our room. Overall, this place is horrible. The only thing good that I saw was the bathroom
(besides the door and the toilet seat....it was too old! Why wouldn't they replace it? Really obvious signs of wear and tear. I never sat on it, but I did use tissue to cover it.) I guess you get what you pay for...this place should have been cheaper for what we experienced. And the manager had the audacity to have his awards out at the desk... They seem like they were made up. That hotel shouldn't have any awards. "Best curbside appeal" Really? Come on...people, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: This place doesn't have a best room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GoosesMeese
Reviewed 28 May 2009

If you like bugs in your bed and towels that could easily take a layer of skin off your body, then this is the hotel for you. Cheap doesn't begin to describe this hotel. There were police in the parking lot. And "ladies of the night" going in and out of the rooms. This hotel was obviously rented "by the hour". When mentioned to the client where we were staying, they jumped back and apologized by saying, "honestly, Huntsville is a nice place". My colleague and I were so disgusted by the hotel room, we did not unzip out suitcases and hang items, we kept them tightly closed to avoid taking any hitchhiking bugs with us.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank PennyLane09
Reviewed 27 February 2009

We stopped in and spent a single night at this location and was very disappointed with the very dirty room (food under the blankets, filthy floors) and then were treated very poorly by the "manager" upon checkout. Would definitely NEVER stay there again and would not recommend to anyone. You don't have to be terrible along with cheap.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank tryin2findhome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center
#9 of 13 in Madison
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#30 of 53 in Huntsville

Been to Knights Inn Huntsville? Share your experiences!