“Best place to stay!!!!!”

Knights Inn Huntsville
Ranked #34 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have stayed at numerous Knights Inn every time I travel, but this Knights Inn was different from the rest. The exterior of the hotel was nice and clean. The rooms was very clean and spacious. I forgot to pack my shampoo with me and this Knights Inn had some in the room. I stayed at a different Knights Inn in a different state and they did not supply any amenities that this hotel did. They staff was polite and friendly. The hotel is in a good location. It had very good rates.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was expecting my usual cheap hotel stay for the art show I attended in Huntsville. What a GREAT surprise. Clean room, very quiet, close to downtown (3 miles), and great staff. Sometimes I pick higher priced hotels if my wife goes with me, but this hotel was better than most of those places. I'll definitely stay here again if I am invited back next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

After calling ahead to verify rates and availability with the assistance of some hearing friends, we took a hearing-impaired gentleman to check in. The man at the night window asked if our friend, the Deaf gentleman, would be staying alone in the room. We stated that he would. The clerk then stated he would not allow my friend to check in because he would not be able to hear the fire alarm if something happened. A deaf person, he said, must have a hearing person with him/her if they are going to stay at Knights Inn. When we protested, explaining that our friend is a grown man who lives by himself and, per ADA rules, cannot lawfully be refused accommodations. He continued to refused service. When we asked his name, he curtly replied, "John Smith. Go get a policeman. He'll tell you the law." He also identified himself as the owner.

What ignorance!!

To its credit, the Budget Inn, right next door was the polar opposite. Very courtesy service. Our friend had no problem checking in, and the cost was literally on a few cents more than Knights "Horrible" Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank M2M4645
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March. i was very impressed on the way that the lobby looked when I came in. It had knights helmets and shields as a part of decorations. I have never seen that in any other Knights Inns that i have stayed in. The room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. I loved the shower that they had. It felt like i was taking a shower at home. The location was in a perfect place. It had alot of places to eat on that same road. I will come here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Recently I stayed here because my cousin is a student at UAH (University of Alabama-Huntsville) and this motel is right across the street from campus. It was convenient because I didn't have to travel as much. The rooms were nice and clean. There was no problem with the rooms and the service was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicky524
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were headed to the Talladega for the race on May 6th. Well we needed an immediate place to crash and places were filling up like crazy. So we decided on this hotel for the price. That was wrong from the start. We left Friday night and got there at around 11:00. None of us felt safe being out there and I constantly watched my back when I was outside of the room. The room was big I will give them that but it wasn't that clean. The wifi, or what was of it, was horrible. The rooms smelled and the floor had what looked like a layer of dust. The bathroom was ok but I expected more than 2 towels to be in there. Nothing else was in the room except the beds, a table and 2 chairs, sink, tv, chest, 4 lamps, night stand, and ONE plug in. Well it was horrible. I unplugged the clock raido, useless since it didn't work, to plug in 2 cell phones since there was only one hole in each outlet. It wasn't a great stay at all but glad we only stayed 1 night in the 2 rooms. Stay away from here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caleb R
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed at this location in August. I was impressed when I walked into the nicely decorated lobby. When I told the attendant that I wanted a smoking room, they made sure that I got one on the ground floor.

I went in to the room and I was suprised. The room had a good amount of space. All furnature matched in color. The bathroom counter had nice granit top and the shower and tub area was also redone. I thought that this was a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
Extended Stay America - Huntsville - U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Econo Lodge - Madison
#9 of 13 in Madison
SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center

Been to Knights Inn Huntsville? Share your experiences!