“Getting older Holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park
Ranked #28 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
accrosstheland
“Getting older Holiday inn”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

2.75 dots above Typical Holiday Inn getting on in years may have been redone in the past but getting close to needing it again. Concierge room nothing special had Business King on 5th floor. Had dinner in the bar first night typical Holiday Inn food only use it if you really don’t want to get out fair service from bartender.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
memphis, tn
Reviewed 10 October 2011

As others have said, this is an older hotel. Seems to be well kept, recently updated, etc. Seems clean enough. Pretty good location next to a mall and close to lots of restaurants and shopping. My main problem with the hotel was management's inability to comply with our advance request for connecting rooms. The other issue I had was with the large cockroach that greeted us in the lobby.

We had advance reservations for this hotel, requesting 2 connecting rooms. When we arrived, they processed us through like there was no issue. So we march up to our rooms only to find out they're across the hall from eachother. We marched back downstairs, only to be told they had given all the connecting rooms to others (probably others that didn't even need or request them). They weren't apologetic. They offerred no assistance. Just blank looks. That's not customer service.

We elected to check out and go to the Homewood Suites down the street. BIG improvement. WAY nicer hotel. WAY nicer area. WAY nicer staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Illinois
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Agree with most of the other comments. This hotel is an older hotel, but the staff and upkeep make it a gem.

Rooms are well kept. The elevators are old and slow, but nothing terrible. The bar / restaurant is very good. Breakfast buffet was only $7 or something. Front desk staff was very polite, and the restaurant folks were all very good.

Hotel has a nice indoor and outdoor pool. The workout room is awful, but you can get a free pass to a really nice health club just across the street.

Other than showing its age, this hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: 5th floor concierge has free cocktails and drinks at night, and free breakfast in the morning. Thi...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BMIFlyer
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a birthday weekend and was very surprised at all the hospitality that we received. The house band in the hotels' bar (Hoppers) was wonderful. We were very surprised with the Sunday brunch. I would compare the made fresh omellets, waffles and buffet to a country clubs. The room was very clean and spacious. We will be returns for another celebrating weekend soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank old38654
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I was fine staying here for one night but I wouldn’t anymore than that. The hotel was dated and it appeared clean but I didn’t really get a warm fuzzy about that. If I hadn’t been tired and looked closer I’m not sure I would have liked what I found, but that seems to be typical of older hotels. The hotel bar was lively with a football game on but the food I ordered was terrible. I did receive a coupon at check in for two free drinks so that was nice. If you don’t mind an older hotel then you will probably be fine but I’ll try someplace different next time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel last night and was very impressed at the overall value of the stay. I stayed in an "executive" room for a bit more and was pleasantly surprised. On the executive floor, I was able to access a free "happy hour" and breakfast. The room was very clean and similar to a 4 star hotel. The hotel offers a free pass to Power House gym across the street. There were also a number of restaurants within a mile or so. The staff was extremely helpful and very professional. I have business in Huntsville, and will stay there again. The hotel is a bit older, but it idid not take away from the overall value. I am adding this comment only for the sake of full disclosure. The bed was above average and had a choice of pillows. Plus, a robe was in the room on my floor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Deborah M
Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here on business. The hotel is located adjacent to a shopping mall and within a quarter mile of numerous quality restaurants. Rooms are very quite. I never heard my neighbors or hallway noise. King bed was excellent. Very comfortable. Free coffee available 24 hours in the lobby. Friendly staff. My on;y negative comment is the breakfast is not free. They do offer a very good breakfast buffet, however, for a reasonable $6.99. The hotel is approximately 10 minutes from Redstone Arsenal with easy on/off near the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravisOklahoma
hsvrp, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
TravisOklahoma:
Thank you so very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Research Park. I will certainly share your comments with all department heads throughout the hotel and we hope to see you back again soon.
Safe Travels!