“Mediocre”

Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park
Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Checked into the hotel & instantly realized that my room was not cleaned due to the dust, towels not neatly folded and an old wash cloth still hanging from the shower. I called front desk to vent, but I will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Please accept our deepest apologies for, at best, a lackluster effort by one of our staff members. We have discussed your input with our Housekeeping staff and can assure you it is not the norm. we pride ourselves very much not only on our personality, but our cleanliness. If there is anything we may do to make things up to you please contact me at 1-800-345-7275. Thank you for your valuable feedback

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was my very first stay at Holiday Inn and I loved it! I had to call ahead because my flight was delayed and I was forced to have a late check-in. But, the moment I called I knew I would be taken care of. This hotel was so clean and well kept. The customer service was perfect. From the front desk, cleaning team, room service to the restaurant crew it was all lovely. Great location. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Now, I really know what hotel comfort feels like!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large with great view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Camille J
Holiday Inn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Camille J, Thank you from the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Research Park for your kind comments and patronage. we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hope we get the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have stayed at this HI many times over the past twenty years, but I do not recall ever seeing it as clean, well maintained, and modernized as this last visit December 2013.

The exterior grounds, interior lobby and public areas are clean, and present a positive inviting atmosphere. There is also fresh coffee in the lobby throughout the day.

My room was very clean, fresh, and included a Microwave, Refrigerator, and nice HD TV with plenty of channels. The bedding appeared to be of top quality and was freshly laundered. The working desk had plenty of electrical outlets, and was positioned so you could view the TV and work at the desk at the same time, which you cannot do at some other chain hotels.

Overall the room was very quiet, with no outside noise from the grounds or adjacent streets. The only noise drawback was the in-wall heater/AC unit, as they are all noisy.

The staff is excellent and customer service oriented, and the evening lounge/bar service is also excellent with many long term employees serving you.

The only exception I make is the Breakfast Buffett. It needs to be seriously upgraded as it has not changed in 20+ years. The selection is fine, but the presentation and quality of some items is not appealing. Twice this last visit at 730 and 830 am the items were either out, completely out or not hot. Granted in about 5 to 7 minutes additional items were brought out and they were hot, but the buffet should be monitored and re-stocked before this happens. As to the food quality some of the fruit looked days old (bananas and apples) and the sausages and bacon could be upgraded to a better quality. I am aware this adds additional cost but I think it would be worth it

I will stay here again, would recommend it to colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nitroxprt
Holiday Inn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much for your input. We will share them with all of our employees. We are always looking to improve and we will definetely step up our service at breakfast. It is feedback from guests like yourself that assists us to stay on top of our game. we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I enjoyed mu stay at Holiday Inn in Huntsville, Al. I had a enjoyable room, Good room services.
I was near many areas that I could visit. I do like the fact that I could get a taxi when I needed one. Mystay in Huntsville and the Holiday Inn was nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy W
Holiday Inn R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Tracy, Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Research Park for your stay in Huntsville and for wonderful thought on our hotel and location. If we may ever be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to ask

Reviewed 30 November 2013

everytime I come to Huntsville I stay at Holiday Inn Research Park. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The location is ideal. Right next to two malls and multiple shopping centers. Convenient to Redstone Arsenal and interstates.The restaurant is great and I love the indoor pool and sauna. In my opinion, it is the best value and best place to stay in Huntsville.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful shout out on Tripadvisor. we hope you do us the favor of serving you again soon. Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great hotel. Everything you need. Staff is friendly, indoor pool is great, Sunday brunch is delicious. We had a suite with fridge, microwave, free bottled water and popcorn! Location is centered in the city, right next to the mall and many restaurants. Hoppers has live music on the weekends.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Fashonguru
Reviewed 14 October 2013

the rooms was very clean and hot tub was great wish they had a bigger coffee pot in the rooms the staff was very nice and helpful the pool was very clean a few of te jets on hot tub was not working the television channel guide was not updated

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family