Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive
Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The property common areas and rooms have been updated but the hallways show some age; that being said I was very impressed with the cleaniness of this hotel. The front desk was very friendly and the breakfast hostess was amazingly efficient - no wait for any items during a full house. On property fitness center was small but the hotel does offer free access to a local health club (I did not get a chance to try). A clean room, a comfortable bed and very solid internet service make this a reliably good HIE.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear JRC_9,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your praise of our staff and facility. I will share your review with all the staff and make sure to recognize our breakfast hostess in particular. We will be certain to also address your observation concerning the hallways as we are always looking for ways we can improve.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

HaVe stayed a few nights with my Red Hat Society friends. Everything went so nice. The room was comfortable and so very clean and up todate.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter. Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear lucylocket9,
We are so pleased to hear about your stay at our hotel with your Red Hat Society friends. We appreciate you sharing your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again should you return to Huntsville..

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We only stayed here one night but it was a pleasant stay. It is an older hotel but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Sholanda, (I hope I spelled her name correctly) was really professional and ready to assist us. We had a mix-up on our reservation...totally on our part, I should say and she said it was no problem, there were plenty of vacancies. We decided to ride down the road and try to get a little closer to our friends' home but we went back to see Sholanda and she took care of us. It is so nice to be greeted by someone who seems genuinely eager to please. The breakfast area was spotless and the bar was stocked well. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your praise of Shalonda and I am glad she was able to make your stay a pleasant experience. We will be sure to recognize her for efforts and the breakfast staff as well.
We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your accommodations and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I thiink the best part about this property is the breakfast bar. It's open four hours in the morning until 10am for late sleepers, and they have a wonderful variety of foods to choose from. It's a wonderful complimentary breakfast bar. I have never had such a good experience with food at a hotel. The room was also nice and clean and pretty spacious. Overall, a nice stay. It's not as nice as some of the other Holiday Express' I have been to, but the upkeep and staff make it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to fill out the review concerning your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. We especially appreciate your glowing remarks concerning our breakfast bar. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff and will congratulate the breakfast bar staff on a job well done.

We thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. We hope to have the honor of serving you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I really tried to give this hotel a chance. It was more like a motel Bc the buildings are separate from the lobby and you have to haul your luggage upstairs-they didn't tell me this at the front desk. On the first night the guest services attendant was very rude after i inquired about a new remote. He offered me another room at 11 pm at night, a total inconvience when he could have just offered to have the wait staff bring one up in the morning. The second day I went to dry my hair and the hair dryer attached to the wall was Greasy and had pubic hairs on it. The only good thing I have to say was the beds appeared clean and I slept well every night. The last night I discovered black bugs on the wl above my lamp. Bottom line is- this isn't the worst hotel but it's definitley not the best. I highly recommend sleep inn or comfort inn. Brand new and very clean. This place was mildewy and I doubt I will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
hsvex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville-University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us in Huntsville, AL. We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Express for your accommodations.

I am sorry that the service and accommodations you received were not up to the standards we strive to provide. I apologize for the problems you encountered and for the inconvenience you were cause. Your comments will be shared with our staff members so that we can address your concerns and we can take the necessary steps to correct the problems and prevent a future occurrence.

Again, our apologies. We hope we have the pleasure to better serve you in the future should you return to Huntsville.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our stay at this place was perfect. We stayed there overnight. At our check in, lady at the front desk gave us two goody bags instead of one since she saw that I was travelling with 2 kids. That's a nice touch and made kids happy. Room was very nice and clean. Breakfast bar was one of the best I have been. Every possible item was there and lady managing it was making sure nothing ran out. Hotel looked very clean and well maintained. When I left the room next day, I misplaced my glasses. I realized that when I was 300 miles from the place. I called hotel and spoke to the front desk. She took my contact number and told me that cleaning crew will check it for me the next day. I received a call from the hotel manager the day after that they checked but unfortunately did not find it in the room. Now that is what I call customer service!!

This was a family vacation trip but next time I am in Huntsville on a business trip, I will be staying here for sure :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Room was very clean. My suite had 2 bathrooms! Stopped her on our way to florida and was questioned about my drive to the hotel, if it was enjoyable and uneventful. Very genuine attitudes from front desk. Managers reception was free! The host, Linda, was wonderful and friendly as well. Will definitely return! The pool was clean and relaxing and housekeeping was friendly as well! Best stay yet.

• Stayed: September 2011