“So Far -- Very Pleased!”

Courtyard Huntsville University Drive
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I will be commuting for a year to Huntsville and selected this hotel as my base. Since I will be paying my own travel expenses, value was key to my decision making process. This is my first week and so far I have been very pleased with the experience. Lisa, Naquesha, and Fred went out of their way to make my stay pleasant from the moment I walked through the door. They ensured I had the room I desired (I do have some quirky requests on room location and layout). The Pros: Staff, Location (nearby shopping and restaurants), room layout, Value. Cons: I agree with others that you really have to know where the hotel is located since it is set back from the road (now I just look for the Pizza Hut to know when to turn), the internet could be a little faster (may have been an anomaly). I will update this review periodically as I have more stays available to critique. So far, I think I made the right choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leigh M
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville to be your home away from home. We value and appreciate your feedback and business. Our teams strives to provide the best in service and lodging accomodations. Please be sure that I will share your recognition and feedback with the team; as well as follow up with the Internet provider to address and ensure the speed issue you experience will be corrected. Thank you again, If I may be of further assistance during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly here at the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Nice hotel and the staff is outstanding....good central location with plenty of good places to eat close by....highly recommend! Can not say enough good things about the staff. No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. I stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dosbama

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that we have succeed in providing great customer service and hotel accomodations. I will pass on your great observations and comments to our team. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Huntsville area!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The public areas were modern and comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful, But, the best part was the room. It was a very nice size with a sitting area and a king size bed. There was also a sliding glass door with a patio with comfortable chairs.
The room was clean and the comp shampoo was Paul Mitchell.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville for you lodging needs and thank you for your kind review. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to being your home away from home on you next visit to Huntsville, Alabama.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. We stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them. The housekeeping did a great job and even left some inspirational quotes and candy on the kids' pillows!
Not a free breakfast; but still a good value. This is why we ranked it a four and not a five.

Room Tip: Suite was nice; marginally better than regular rooms. Only $40 more than regular room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Myromy
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville. Your business is very important to us and receiving follow-up from our guests with great comments like yours help keep our team motivated to provide the very best service possible.

Again, thank you and we hope that we may be permitted to serve you again in the future.

Maisha Blaine

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I chose Marriott for business 1 week training trip. I enjoyed the food services and gym. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It was convenient to the Federal Government OPM training center. I plan to stay there for future business trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay with us at the Huntsville Courtyard by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with the best in lodging, amenities and above all service. I will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Alabama. Thank you for choosing Marriott

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed in the Huntsville Courtyard by Marriott on the first night of our trip from NW Indiana to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

We arrived around 9:30 p.m. very tired and ready for a good night's sleep - which is exactly what we got.

Upon arrival they had a contest going, so they asked me to spin a wheel for prizes. I ended up with 1,000 extra points added to my Marriott Rewards Program.

This facility is a standard Courtyard in design and layout. While not overly exciting in decor, it was clean, tasteful and comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable, and we had a good sleep. Because this was a Courtyard, breakfast was not included. We choose to eat our own breakfast from items we had in a cooler to keep us from withering away during our trip! I believe there was an area where you could purchase a breakfast - not sure to what standards.

I was able to make coffee for us in the room, but the unit had a little leak. I don't know if that was my fault in preparation or if the unit was leaking, so I let the front desk know in case it was a problem with the unit. They were so gracious and friendly. The lady at the front desk immediately took me over to the coffee area where, I believe, they were serving Starbucks coffee and said that we should have some coffee as we shouldn't miss out on our morning coffee. Her genuine, helpful attitude was so uplifting - a great way to start the day. Of course, there was no charge for the coffee. (Not sure, but I believe there would have been a charge otherwise.)

We also used the exercise facilities in the morning to try to avoid the onslaught of too many additional pounds from eating during vacation.

I am giving this four stars for value, because I would like to see a complimentary breakfast included at this price.

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

A standard Courtyard in décor and layout. It is relatively well located in Huntsville (about halfway between downtown and Redstone). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful…they typified southern hospitality. I had dinner at their café (a Caesar salad and turkey Rueben), both were excellent. It made my dinning in choice a good one. The water pressure in the room was outstanding. They also offer a good Government rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business