“location boring”

Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Gainesville, Florida
“location boring”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

located behind a Pizza Hut off of a main busy road with alot of restaurants, car dealers, etc..the thing i didnt like as a female business traveler was that the rooms are accessed by parking on side of hotel. I did not feel
safe getting out of car at night to go to my room. Thats the only real complaint and location in general is generic and boring. Staff and rooms, etc were fine.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TravelsnobCRA
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your review. Please know that we take our customer feedback very seriously as it helps us improve upon our service and hotel amenities. Our hotel is located off of University Drive NW also known as US Highway 72. It was purposely built set back from the road to prevent street traffic noise from disturbing our hotel guests; we were also one of the first businesses to open on University Drive and fellow businesses have built themselves around our facility. I apologize that our location did not meet your needs.

Please know that we take the safety and security of all of our hotel guests very seriously. If in the future you choose to utilize our hotel, please give us a call upon arrival in the evenings or night time. It would be our pleasure to have one of our associates’ escort you from your vehicle into the building during your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights recently on business, and I enjoyed my stay very much. I received a warm welcome as a Marriott Rewards Member and was given a free certificate for a Starbucks coffee and a cold bottle of water. The hotel has a modern decor, was very clean, and had a friendly staff. The bistro in the lobby is actually a Starbucks which is a little pricey for grabbing breakfast and a coffee. There was a free coffee machine in the room though. The Starbucks staff was super accommodating, however, and I believe I received extra shots of espresso in my cappuccino for no extra charge. There is a nice outdoor seating area next to the pool. I will stay here again when visiting the Huntsville area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank teash
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate you telling us your impressions of your experience and the service you received on this past stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Huntsville. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our guests. I hope that we may be permitted to serve you again in the future, where we may prove ourselves to be even better hosts.

Atlanta, G
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I will be commuting for a year to Huntsville and selected this hotel as my base. Since I will be paying my own travel expenses, value was key to my decision making process. This is my first week and so far I have been very pleased with the experience. Lisa, Naquesha, and Fred went out of their way to make my stay pleasant from the moment I walked through the door. They ensured I had the room I desired (I do have some quirky requests on room location and layout). The Pros: Staff, Location (nearby shopping and restaurants), room layout, Value. Cons: I agree with others that you really have to know where the hotel is located since it is set back from the road (now I just look for the Pizza Hut to know when to turn), the internet could be a little faster (may have been an anomaly). I will update this review periodically as I have more stays available to critique. So far, I think I made the right choice!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leigh M
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville to be your home away from home. We value and appreciate your feedback and business. Our teams strives to provide the best in service and lodging accomodations. Please be sure that I will share your recognition and feedback with the team; as well as follow up with the Internet provider to address and ensure the speed issue you experience will be corrected. Thank you again, If I may be of further assistance during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly here at the hotel.

tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Nice hotel and the staff is outstanding....good central location with plenty of good places to eat close by....highly recommend! Can not say enough good things about the staff. No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. I stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dosbama
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that we have succeed in providing great customer service and hotel accomodations. I will pass on your great observations and comments to our team. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Huntsville area!

Kind Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The public areas were modern and comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful, But, the best part was the room. It was a very nice size with a sitting area and a king size bed. There was also a sliding glass door with a patio with comfortable chairs.
The room was clean and the comp shampoo was Paul Mitchell.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville for you lodging needs and thank you for your kind review. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to being your home away from home on you next visit to Huntsville, Alabama.
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 April 2013

No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. We stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them. The housekeeping did a great job and even left some inspirational quotes and candy on the kids' pillows!
Not a free breakfast; but still a good value. This is why we ranked it a four and not a five.

Room Tip: Suite was nice; marginally better than regular rooms. Only $40 more than regular room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Myromy
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville. Your business is very important to us and receiving follow-up from our guests with great comments like yours help keep our team motivated to provide the very best service possible.

Again, thank you and we hope that we may be permitted to serve you again in the future.

Maisha Blaine
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I chose Marriott for business 1 week training trip. I enjoyed the food services and gym. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It was convenient to the Federal Government OPM training center. I plan to stay there for future business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay with us at the Huntsville Courtyard by Marriott. We strive to provide our guests with the best in lodging, amenities and above all service. I will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Alabama. Thank you for choosing Marriott