“Top Rate Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Lake County, Illinois
“Top Rate Hotel”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Newly renovated modern Hotel with a Starbucks Cafe inside. Staff were very helpful. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Hotel grounds were well maintained. Service in the Cafe was slow and the food appeared to be cooked at an earlier time and re-heated. I reccommend heading down the street where numerous restaurants abound.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry J
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and impressions of your service and stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville. We strive to provide the best in service, accommodations and dining options to our guest. Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction with the food and beverage you received. Please be assured, I will share your feedback with the team to address your concerns.
Our Bistro menu does offer several grab and go options for guests that can be warmed and packed for our guests carry and go convenience. The Bistro Kitchen staff prepares all food and beverage options daily. We offer a wide variety of made to order dining options that range from French Toast, Oatmeal with fruit to yogurt parfaits and Breakfast sandwiches in the morning to Flat bread Pizza's , Quinoa Citrus Chicken Salads, Burgers and Ribs in the evening with a variety of Soups and dessert options.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I hope that you will join us again in the future in our Bistro where we may turn this negative impression into a positive one.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Customer service was very good, room was clean. Room accessability could be better. Overall stay was very good. Lots of eateries on this main road. The hotel was hard to find at first. It is located behind a Pizza Hut.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robin L
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. We realize that it could pose a challenge to find our location as we do not have a monument style street Sign. We have a large pole sign and it is not at a driver's eye level. We send out a welcome email to all arriving guest with directions and land markers. Our hotel is located off of University Drive NW also known as US Highway 72. We were purposely built set back from the road to prevent street traffic noise from disturbing hotel guests; we were also one of the first businesses to open on University Drive and fellow businesses have built themselves around our facility. I apologize that our location was hard to find. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

located behind a Pizza Hut off of a main busy road with alot of restaurants, car dealers, etc..the thing i didnt like as a female business traveler was that the rooms are accessed by parking on side of hotel. I did not feel
safe getting out of car at night to go to my room. Thats the only real complaint and location in general is generic and boring. Staff and rooms, etc were fine.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TravelsnobCRA
Thank you for your review. Please know that we take our customer feedback very seriously as it helps us improve upon our service and hotel amenities. Our hotel is located off of University Drive NW also known as US Highway 72. It was purposely built set back from the road to prevent street traffic noise from disturbing our hotel guests; we were also one of the first businesses to open on University Drive and fellow businesses have built themselves around our facility. I apologize that our location did not meet your needs.

Please know that we take the safety and security of all of our hotel guests very seriously. If in the future you choose to utilize our hotel, please give us a call upon arrival in the evenings or night time. It would be our pleasure to have one of our associates’ escort you from your vehicle into the building during your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights recently on business, and I enjoyed my stay very much. I received a warm welcome as a Marriott Rewards Member and was given a free certificate for a Starbucks coffee and a cold bottle of water. The hotel has a modern decor, was very clean, and had a friendly staff. The bistro in the lobby is actually a Starbucks which is a little pricey for grabbing breakfast and a coffee. There was a free coffee machine in the room though. The Starbucks staff was super accommodating, however, and I believe I received extra shots of espresso in my cappuccino for no extra charge. There is a nice outdoor seating area next to the pool. I will stay here again when visiting the Huntsville area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank teash
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate you telling us your impressions of your experience and the service you received on this past stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Huntsville. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our guests. I hope that we may be permitted to serve you again in the future, where we may prove ourselves to be even better hosts.

Atlanta, G
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I will be commuting for a year to Huntsville and selected this hotel as my base. Since I will be paying my own travel expenses, value was key to my decision making process. This is my first week and so far I have been very pleased with the experience. Lisa, Naquesha, and Fred went out of their way to make my stay pleasant from the moment I walked through the door. They ensured I had the room I desired (I do have some quirky requests on room location and layout). The Pros: Staff, Location (nearby shopping and restaurants), room layout, Value. Cons: I agree with others that you really have to know where the hotel is located since it is set back from the road (now I just look for the Pizza Hut to know when to turn), the internet could be a little faster (may have been an anomaly). I will update this review periodically as I have more stays available to critique. So far, I think I made the right choice!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leigh M
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville to be your home away from home. We value and appreciate your feedback and business. Our teams strives to provide the best in service and lodging accomodations. Please be sure that I will share your recognition and feedback with the team; as well as follow up with the Internet provider to address and ensure the speed issue you experience will be corrected. Thank you again, If I may be of further assistance during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly here at the hotel.

tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Nice hotel and the staff is outstanding....good central location with plenty of good places to eat close by....highly recommend! Can not say enough good things about the staff. No problems finding the hotel, checking in, internet service or anything. Made for easy and enjoyable travel. I stayed here when they were very full, yet when we needed extra pillows for our pullout bed, they immediately brought them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dosbama
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is a pleasure to hear that we have succeed in providing great customer service and hotel accomodations. I will pass on your great observations and comments to our team. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Huntsville area!

Kind Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The public areas were modern and comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful, But, the best part was the room. It was a very nice size with a sitting area and a king size bed. There was also a sliding glass door with a patio with comfortable chairs.
The room was clean and the comp shampoo was Paul Mitchell.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Maisha B, General Manager at Courtyard Huntsville University Drive, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott - Huntsville for you lodging needs and thank you for your kind review. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to being your home away from home on you next visit to Huntsville, Alabama.