“Close to Space Camp”

Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Close to Space Camp”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotels location to Space Camp is awesome. This was our third visit to this hotel because of space camp. We checked in late and there were thunderstorms in the area. So we didn't get to use the pool. We have used the pools on previous trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had two (2) one night stays at the Marriott Huntsville just days apart in August 2014 while on business.

Hotel is located right next to Space Camp and the US Space Visitors Center and museum. Close access to I-565, Redstone Arsenal and just minutes from downtown Huntsville.

Had good comfortable stays both nights I was there. Rooms seemed updated since my last visit a few years ago. Service was outstanding. Typical Marriott in every way.

Will return here again the next time business brings me to Huntsville.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Tuscumbia,AL
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We enjoyed a night here. Great spot for the botanical garden! Lots of dining options. Beautiful view of the space center (ask for that). Nice indoor/outdoor pool. You do have to go through the lobby to access it- bring a cover up. Stephanie in room service was great, get your breakfast that way. All American= food for two at a great price! Also Cashe at the front desk, wonderful. As well as the gentleman at the bar last night. Fast elevators! Overall pleased :)

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Pbee43
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The staff is great and friendly. They were very accommodating and pleasing. Nice bar at the lobby and the food was surprisingly good. We use it as base for dropping and picking our son at Space Camp. It is literally steps way from the Space Camp facilities.

• Stayed July 2014
Boston, MA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The first time I really was too busy to take a moment to see what the hotel had to offer. I must tell you up front, I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, so I am bit biased towards Marriott, but there is very good reason for that. This hotel was a great example as to why I like them so much. I only had one complaint, the elevators were a bit "dysfunctional" during my stay. Other than that, I felt as I usually do whether I am at a Fairfield Inn& Suites or a JW Marriott and that is right at home. Check in was easy and most pleasant. Room was clean and spacious. Gym was well equipped and the pool had an indoor and outdoor portion. A really BIG shout out to Carlos in the Concierge Lounge! He knew my name within minutes of my arrival and never forgot it the entire week I was there! He is a great example of what Marriott hotels are all about! The management should be proud to have such a gentleman working for them. Thanks for sneaking me the cookies a little earlier than usual!! : ) The Space museum is literally right next door so no need for any taxi or tour bus. I will make it a point to stay there each and every time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SNP1000
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family stayed in this hotel last June, 2014. My 13-year old daughter asked me, "Why are we going there, is there anything to see out there? I answered, "Let's find out!". The Space Center is right behind the hotel, and if you love outdoors or nature, like us, there are a lot of nature parks to visit. The town is very clean. If you like to get away from the city, this is great get-away place. The mountain views and farms are scenic. Hotel is very nice. The staff is great. In my opinion, the only thing that needs some work are the elevators, just a little touch up will freshen up the interior.

Room Tip: It's a great hotel to stay in Huntsville.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, step-daughter and I purchased the 4th of July wknd package that included tickets to the Space and Rocket Center, firework show, a cookout before fireworks and breakfast the next morning for $159 the 1st night & $69 the 2nd night. The beds were like sleeping on clouds in heaven. The service was very friendly, good and helpful. The pool was nice. My step-daughter loved swimming from the indoor to the outdoor pool. We requested a view of the Space and Rocket Center which was a gorgeous view. Only complaint and only reason not giving 5 stars is that there was no microwave in the room. Still....very good trip! Definitely will return.

Stayed July 2014