“Good average Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Cary, North Carolina
“Good average Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

As consistent as you expect from a Hampton Inn and includes breakfast and free internet. Nestled between a Doubletree on the one side and a Hilton Garden in on the other with good proximity to nearby restaurants and shopping. Beds could be a bit more comfortable but not too bad. AC unit is still one of this manual types but it worked ok. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, and modern and I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for the review! We love our little spot off the road but still close to all the places you need to be in Huntsville. We are working on making all of the rooms not manual AC units, we are close to finished! Thank you for staying with us and I can't wait to see you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is a little ways out from downtown Huntsville but if you have your car, it's an easy trip back into town. This hotel staff was wonderful - very friendly and gave great directions to a couple of different places I needed to go. The room was clean and quiet - two things I demand in a hotel. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm back in Huntsville.

1 Thank Angie B
Thank you for the lovely review! Yes, we are only a few short exits away from downtown, shopping, and great restaurants. We love our location because we are tucked away from all the noise but still close to the places you need to be! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come and see us again soon!
Dallas, TX, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Hampton brand used to be consistent across the board. Boy, are they slipping! While the staff is still friendly at most locations, the quality and cleanliness of the brand has dropped dramatically. The Huntsville/Arsenal hotel felt older, as if it was time for an update. My experience included dirty sheets (yuck!), unclean bathroom (hair in the shower, lots!), and just an overall feel of it being dirty. I'll choose wiser next time I'm in this area.

2 Thank Anne D
I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience! This review broke my heart, because we are so proud of our newly renovated hotel and our standards are very high, cleanliness wise. A full investigation has gone into this and we are working to ensure this never happens again. I want to formally apologize for all of these things you listed and I hope you will give us another chance in the future to wow you! Thank you for writing a review.
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The biggest thing that let this hotel down was not having a bar or a restaurant. At the end of a busy day, having to drive to get food etc was a big let down. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly, but my room had a fridge which kept waking me up every two hours when the compressor kicked in during the night. I had to unplug it after the first night as it was driving me mad. I won't be staying here again as there will be other hotels nearby with a bar and restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Courtney C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Huntsville - Arsensal/South Parkway, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Well I want to first and foremost, I apologize for the inconvenience of the refrigerator. I understand loud hums or extra noise can be a bit maddening. Any time something like that goes wrong, please let us know. We are more than happy to fix it or replace it. Also, you're right! We don't have a bar or restaurant in our building, and that can be an inconvenience to some travelers that enjoy those aspects of a hotel. What we do offer is our hot complimentary breakfast from 6am until 11am and cookies and water, all free. We have a large binder at the front desk with take out menus as well and have worked out deals with a lot of restaurants that don't normally deliver, that will deliver here. We hate you didn't enjoy your stay with us though, maybe one day you will give us another chance to WOW you! Thank you for giving us a chance. We love having you here!
Pell City, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here 2 days during a convention at the Braun Civic Center. Clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff! Conveinently located to malls, shopping, dining, Redstone Arsenal and the Civic Center! I would stay here again it was well worth the value!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review! We can't wait for you to return!! Our hotel is in a good location because we are a bit off of the road so you don't hear the hustle and bustle outside, but you can drive 5 minutes to almost all the big convention centers. And shopping, food is all around. Please come back soon! We love having your here
Hoover, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I may be over joyed, after spending the night at some of the Crap holes on University but this was a nice departure from those. This was my first time spending time in Huntsville so I didnt realize my proximity to certain restaurants and bars until my last night there. Good Location, very clean. Might be my preferred location for my Huntsville trips from now on

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I hope this will be your new home away from home when you're in the area! We are so proud of our new property, and I'm glad to see others enjoy it as well. Yes, we have a shopping center right out front that has lots of little restaurants and we aren't far from bars and shopping. Let us know when you arrive and we can give you lists of local places to go that are very near by, to make your stay even more enjoyable! Thank you for this kind review.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff is friendly and professional. Great sleep, GREAT sheets! Felt like I was laying in a cloud. Very clean property, I was told there was a complete renovation within the last yr. even all new beds. Great breakfast, including oatmeal. Great coffee available 24 hrs. Bathroom towels ect super soft also.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yes, our renovation was well worth it when I see responses like this! We worked hard over the past year and are so pleased everyone is enjoying the new beautiful changes. From your bed, down to your soap holder, everything is new. As well as our breakfast! Hampton just revamped it and the changes are wonderful, aren't they? Fresh fruit, new pastries, and as always our waffles and oatmeal. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our property and I hope you return as soon as possible! Thank you for this review.