“What's that smell”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Madison, Alabama
“What's that smell”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I grew up going to Red Lobster as a favorite family destination but abruptly stopped going when I returned from 3 years overseas to find the Red Lobster in Chattanooga TN to be terrible. Today I broke my promise to never return to Red Lobster by attending the farewell luncheon for a co-worker here in Huntsville. One single thing ruined the trip for me, I’ll bring it up at the end of my review. Everything about this place reminded me of the good old days. The service was good, my lunch of green beans and a fried fish sandwich were amazing, the décor was pleasing to the eye (really unchanged since the beginning of time yet it still works), and there was the ever present tank of trapped lobsters that was a favorite spot to lose myself as a kid. Everything would have added up to a great trip except that one thing. The second I entered the restaurant I was hit with a horrible smell of what could be mold, must, musk, mildew or maybe good old fashioned stank. Management, I would be coming back soon if it were not for that smell. If there is another work function there I’ll have to sniff before entering, if it’s not gone then I will be.

1 Thank kkibby43

Huntsville, AL
“one of the better Red Lobsters I have had”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

service was great on a very busy night. I have the lobster and shrimp and it was cooked perfect. My wife had the tilapia and it was also really good.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food was excellent after the 30 minute wait to be seated. This was pretty good for a weekend evening. Our server was very nice and knew the menu well.

• Visited March 2014
“Disgusting! Bugs in the tea and odor in the building”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family and I decided to stop in last night to eat a quick dinner and we will absoluely never go back. The odor once inside the front door was almost overbearing. We decided it was the lobster tank at the front door and tried to look past it. We ordered the seafood trio with garlic grilled shrimp, hand breaded shrimp, and lobster macaroni and cheese. The mac and cheese had a really rank taste to it. Neither myself nor my wife could eat it. I was about to drink my tea and noticed gnats floating in it. The manager came over and told me they had been having a problem with bugs getting into the food and drinks but thought they had it resolved. We believe the odor and the gnats were coming from spoiled proucts. Our waitress was frienly and prompt but sadly that is not nearly enough. We will absolutely never go back. Someone is going to get sick.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Average”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food has always been great, however service is hit or miss. The last visit we had, service was wonderful, however because of the irregular service we dont frequent very often.

Visited February 2014