All reviewsclose to the airportking suitestay at this hotel againbreakfast was excellentroom was clean and comfortablewould definitely stay here againexcellent stayvery nice hotelbusiness tripstaff was very friendlycomplimentary breakfasteasy accessfront desk staffwafflesindoor poolparking lotgreat place to stay
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel provided the typical expectation of a Hilton hotel. It was very clean with no stains. The shuttle service was outstanding!!! Although it's listed as airport hotel, it is not close to the airport, however not terribly far. If you're looking for a comfortable hotel without paying a large amount of money, this is very suitable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport Area and you think our shuttle service is outstanding. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We are here currently for a ball tournament and have about 30 room booked but when I went in to see if we could check in early and I was rudely told "NO! No rooms are clean"! She did not ask my name so she didn't know we were part of a group. My husband had to go to the bathroom in the lobby so I waited. In walks a guy that was the same color as the person working the desk and she let him check in early!!! 30 rooms booked by my ball team and I get treated rudely. Next year we will find another place to stay. Not one room clean? I know better because I could see the windows open and the beds were made! She could have been a lot nicer about the whole situation! The hotel needs to do a lot better at hiring hospitable people!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you and your team had a problem at check inBe assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations as this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Typical Hampton Inn, but has a great, very helpful and friendly staff that went the extra mile to ensure my needs were met. I needed a laundry and they found the closest and gave me directions.Will stay there on my next trip to Birmingham

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are glad to read how our staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport Area went the extra mile for you. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Employees don't want to be here. When checking in or checking out you better not have any questions for clerk. Also do not ask about Hilton rewards there will be no answers for these questions either. Found a bug on bed and killed it. When I returned and housekeeping had cleaned room the bug was still there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed N
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed at this location several times because of it's proximity to the airport. My first stay had some cleanliness issues and other stays were okay. With yet another 6am flight from BHM, I booked this location for the convenience.
I checked in later in the evening and had to wait for a guest to complete her check in process. I think the clerk seems to simply tolerate my existence. He is not overly friendly or welcoming to guests and seems to offer the absolute bare minimum of service. I should be used to it by now, but this is not Hampton service.
The A/C in my room was cranked to a chilly 56 degrees - yikes! I like a cool room, but that was crazy. My bathroom smelled like a dirty rag (not the first time I've experienced this at this location). The floor, as I've come to expect, wasn't recently vacuumed and there were stains on the wall - possibly food stains(?) - that could easily be wiped clean, but were not.
This hotel is such a convenient location, but cleanliness and service still need work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GCKJA

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is nice to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. I am very sorry we fell below your expectations this particular day. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.