Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East
US$77
US$65
QualityInn
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$88
US$78
Red Roof
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Free cancellation until 02/06
US$63
Travelocity
US$89
US$76
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$109
Rodeway Inn(Birmingham)
US$59
US$50
RodewayInn
All reviewscinnamon rollsbagelsroom was cleanlarge bathroombirmingham airportwould stay here againthe entire stafffirst floorthe breakfast areabreakfast was excellentstaff was very friendly and helpfulwater pressurefresh fruitsouthern hospitalitygreat roomdeskdriveway
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our dog while we visited family in North Birmingham. The first room we were given was absolutely huge. It was clean and the decor was nice. I really liked it. I noticed a ladybug crawling across the wall but that didn't bother me since I've always heard that's good luck. However, after noticing the one ladybug I noticed about 2 dozen more crawling around the top of the walls and ceiling. That may have been a lot of good luck but I didn't really want to sleep in a room with that many bugs. After telling the front desk, we were immediately moved to a different room. The new room was just as nice only smaller without the ladybugs. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The bed was comfortable. They had really good coffee in the lobby for breakfast. There was even a choice of half and half, skim milk, or the little things of liquid creamer for the coffee. Food wise they offered biscuits, Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins, waffles and english muffins. If we ever stay in a hotel in Birmingham again we will choose this one. And most likely, I will always look into staying at Holiday Inn Express whenever we stay in a hotel now.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your feedback....Yes...we do have some lady bugs in our hotel...however, in Birmngham they are grown for agricultural purposes so you will find them in most hotels, homes, offices, etc. We make every effort to assure that all rooms are clean and lady bug free, however, the little suckers sometimes come in after we inspected the rooms. But fear not, lady bugs are GOOD LUCK!! seriously...it is against birmngham code to kill Lady Bugs and who would want to kill GOOD Luck..right....but again thanks for your feedback and we will make sure to be more diligent. Also, we are happy to have met your expectations...see you next time...

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and the staff is one of the friendliest I have ever meet. They are very nice and professional. I loved just talking with them and they had everything in order and had my priority gift ready when I arrived. I do not know all of the names but Lacresha was so friendly and outgoing. She is great. The room is standard HI express. It was clean and everything worked and I did not have any problems. The morning breakfast was ok and they ever have a guest Hospitality night on Wednesdays. Good deal there. All in all a great stay and the entire staff made the trip very pleasant. .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We love our guest and strive to provide the best service possible. We will continue improving everyday and hope to succeed with everybody. Thank you and we hope to see you back at our property.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Irondale, Alabama from 9-29-12 to 10-1-12. The overall cleanliness was excellent and the staff was very friendly however, the beds are Hard and uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well. We stayed three nights and each day I was miserable. I wanted to drink coffee down in the breakfast room but it was so nasty I had to pour it out and go to McDonald's for a cup. Last year we stayed at the Hampton inn next door. There the beds were comfortable and the coffee was great.

• Stayed: September 2012
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback...we are happy that you stayed with us and the you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that you did not like our beds and the the coffee was not up to par. We are actively working on improving both our FF&E and breakfast products. We hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Irondale with 12 fellow church members during our visit for the GROW Leadership Conference. I can't say enough about the Wonderful Staff such a delight. The rooms were clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was A+. Not to mention the great location in regards to the Church of the Highlands. Great Conference and Great Experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it is truly invaluable. We are working everyday to give the service that our guest deserve and it makes me very happy that we met your expectations. Thanks you again and please come see us soon. Have a fantastic week!

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

I was in town for just one night, and without a car, so the airport / local shuttle was very handy. The drivers who picked me up, took me to dinner, etc were very friendly and professional.

The rooms were clean and quiet, and the front desk personnel were very amiable. This hotel is roughly six miles from the airport, but worth the (complimentary) shuttle ride.

• Stayed: July 2012
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Birmingham East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. It is always a pleasure to hear what our guest are saying about us. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to continue offering great hassle free service at a value. Please come see us again.