“Nice but Noisey Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Irondale
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice, clean hotel located on top of a very steep hill. Check in was very smooth and room was very nice. The warm breakfast was very good. The only negative I can say about this hotel is that it seemed we heard every person in the hotel taking their shower. Our room was located on the second floor near the elevator so we also heard every time the elevator was activated. I'm sure rooms away from the elevator did not experience this. Overall I would recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed: February 2013
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you Greeneyedlady125 for taking the time to review our property.... feedback is key! It is because of guest like yourself taking the time that we are made aware of where we need to make changes.
Our team was glad to hear that you were happy with our accommodations and hope that this means that next time you area you will consider us your home-away-from home. We are always strive to meet our guest expectations and take every opportunity to make the necessary changes that are required to make our hotel the best stay in your book. Again we sincerely appreciate your comments and open our arms to welcome you to your Irondale Home!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

This place was very clean. Friendly staff. It hidden away a little but right off interstate but was quiet. Plenty of parking. Room where big but no fridge or microwave in room. Very good price can't beat it.

• Stayed: January 2013
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is because of guest such as yourself that we know of our opportunities and also what we are doing right. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I've stayed in many Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels. This is definitely the nicest. It was spotless with nice amenities. The young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't give 5 Stars is that the breakfast wasn't very good. To be fair, it was almost time for breakfast to end. Maybe they had a better selection earlier.

I've stayed at another Holiday Inn near the Birmingham airport, but this one is much nicer and in a better neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are elated that you had a great stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that we exceed your expections and we are happy that we succeed with your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back for many more visits.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Of all the Holiday Inn Express hotels I've stayed at, this one was the cleanest and had the best service. I recommend this hotel to anyone in the area or traveling. I searched before selecting this hotel and the reviews and comments from others helped me determine my selection. It's not very close to places to eat, but if you drive 2 miles from the hotel, there's an Olive Garden along with all the fast food. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you..we are excited to have met your expectations. It is our daily goal to ensure that all our guest are stasfied with our service and it makes us very happy when we succeed. I will share your comments with our staff and continue improving our areas of opportunities. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment, it is guest like yourself that helps us with our continuous improvement.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed here this past weekend for the SWAC championship football game and overall the hotel was OK expected more from a holiday inn express. The problem came around 10:00pm when a stranger called my room pretending to be from the hotel staff asking for personal and credit card information claiming that the computers had a malfunction and that the hotel needed my information again, i became cautious and refused. After talking to the lady at the front desk he had called other rooms as well from an outside line. For inconvience the hotel took 15% off my room fee, and also housekeeping doesnt knock before entering they automatically use their key card and enter the room. I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We were very surprise to read your comments. While we had heard of situations like your at other hotels, never had we exprienment this at our hotel. But fear not dear guest we have taken the proper steps to put a stop to such calls. Our night audit department has being re-trained on transfering calls. We are 100% confident that this will not happen again. Thank you for your feed back and rest assure that we are addressing this issue as a serious matter. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our dog while we visited family in North Birmingham. The first room we were given was absolutely huge. It was clean and the decor was nice. I really liked it. I noticed a ladybug crawling across the wall but that didn't bother me since I've always heard that's good luck. However, after noticing the one ladybug I noticed about 2 dozen more crawling around the top of the walls and ceiling. That may have been a lot of good luck but I didn't really want to sleep in a room with that many bugs. After telling the front desk, we were immediately moved to a different room. The new room was just as nice only smaller without the ladybugs. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. The bed was comfortable. They had really good coffee in the lobby for breakfast. There was even a choice of half and half, skim milk, or the little things of liquid creamer for the coffee. Food wise they offered biscuits, Canadian bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins, waffles and english muffins. If we ever stay in a hotel in Birmingham again we will choose this one. And most likely, I will always look into staying at Holiday Inn Express whenever we stay in a hotel now.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your feedback....Yes...we do have some lady bugs in our hotel...however, in Birmngham they are grown for agricultural purposes so you will find them in most hotels, homes, offices, etc. We make every effort to assure that all rooms are clean and lady bug free, however, the little suckers sometimes come in after we inspected the rooms. But fear not, lady bugs are GOOD LUCK!! seriously...it is against birmngham code to kill Lady Bugs and who would want to kill GOOD Luck..right....but again thanks for your feedback and we will make sure to be more diligent. Also, we are happy to have met your expectations...see you next time...

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and the staff is one of the friendliest I have ever meet. They are very nice and professional. I loved just talking with them and they had everything in order and had my priority gift ready when I arrived. I do not know all of the names but Lacresha was so friendly and outgoing. She is great. The room is standard HI express. It was clean and everything worked and I did not have any problems. The morning breakfast was ok and they ever have a guest Hospitality night on Wednesdays. Good deal there. All in all a great stay and the entire staff made the trip very pleasant. .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
StaySmrtIrndale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We love our guest and strive to provide the best service possible. We will continue improving everyday and hope to succeed with everybody. Thank you and we hope to see you back at our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#47 of 80 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!