“romantic getaway”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Jasper, Alabama
“romantic getaway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

we stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon 12 years ago and have since stayed once since then and it was a nice hotel but frankly it has went from nice to barely average. The rooms are outdated and showing their age. There was a nice large flat screen television that was very dusty but had a great picture. The bed was comfortable but needed more pillows. The bathroom is where the age really shows. The area under the sink appeared as though there had been a leak as rust dripped down the wall from the sink area. I had to ask for extra towels and tolietries and the overnight desk clerk acted like I was bothering her by asking her. The breakfast was very disappointing considering the price. I have paid less and gotten a lot better. Overall I think I will stay somewhere else from now on.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Farmington, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

How a hotel could have went downhill so much in one year is totally amazing! We usually stay at this hotel on our way to Florida each year but no more. The place was a disaster in February of 2012. Just a few of the problems are listed below:
1.) The Internet did not work. They knew this before we checked in but never told us.
2.) The alarm clock is clear across the room from the beds.
3.) The control on the heating/cooling system turned around and around and around....you know what I mean.
4.) The TV remote did not work because the batteries were dead.
5.) The toilet paper holder came out of the vanity.
6.) The sink would not hold water.

Again, if you have any choice at all skip this place!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Cordova, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

this is a great hotel the staff was wonderful and the rooms were very clean dispite what was said about this hotel it was great dont let the bad comments hinder you this is a great hotel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed here while participating in a golf tournament at Musgrove Country Club. The Holiday Inn Express was very convenient to the club. Check-in was easy, the room was clean, and everything worked. BUT the WiFi was incredibly slow. We travel a great deal, and I have something to compare the WiFi to! It was SLOW.
The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the pillows were not fluffy.
The free breakfast was good,with several things from which to choose. Cookies were available at the front desk. Beccah on the front desk was very helpful with directions, and she was really nice in general.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Biloxi, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We were attending my nephew's graduation in Haleyville and this was the only hotel in the area with a vacancy. Haleyville only has one hotel and it looked pretty bad. The lady at the front desk was fine, but it seems as though they are confused as of the time that breakfast ends. One told us 9:30 am.and one told us 10:00. am.The room was fine, but hot and stale smelling when we entered. We slept fine though. It was overpriced for the room that you get because the rooms are small. The bathroom was ok, but has issues in the ceiling inside the shower. The air worked great. Noise was minimal. Breakfast-let's talk about that....the attendant is rude and unpleasant. Everyone could tell that she did NOT want to have to put more food out. She stood there and looked at guests as if to say, " I know the trays are empty, but I will wait to see if you just get cereal." She was just not friendly whatsoever and had a BAD attitude. The garbage can hole to throw away your tiny plate was too small to fit. I know it seems as though we should be grateful that they served breakfast, but considering what the small room cost, we figured we should get free breakfast. Over all, It was okay. If I had to, I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
TJasper, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
To begin with I would like to say I am very sorry for the inconvenience this guest experienced with their stay at our hotel. We have made some staffing changes and made sure all of our staff no the correct times of our breakfast bar. If the guest would like to return to our hotel we would gladly upgrade them to a suite at the same rate as a reg. room.
Again we offer our sincere apology.

Tammy Hammond
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

First of all, everyone is correct who has said how dirty the hotel is. There was loose stuff all over my carpet and dead bugs in the bathroom. We (my collegues and I) had all run out of hot water in the morning and one of us didn't have any.
The equipment in the work out room is all broken. The gym down the street is not $5, like the front desk told me...it's $15 per day!
I politely asked that the front desk if they would please have my room vacuumed. When I got back from a long day, not only was my room not vacuumed, it was not cleaned. The only thing they did was take all of my towels. When I asked for my room to be cleaned, I was told housekeeping had gone home for the day. I had to go to the front desk to get new towels and the vacuum so I could vacuum my nasty room myself. STAY AT THE NEW HAMPTON INN DOWN THE STREET!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JennyandEric
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for several years now as it is only one of few in this location. However each trip my experience seems to get worse. This stay will definitely be the last stay (The newly built Hampton Inn has a new customer). At this Holiday Inn, the bathroom has soapscum along the walls and roaches made themselves known throughout my short stay. Because I was only there for a short stay and it was much easier to complete the night in the room as opposed to packing up my equipment I opted not to request a room change. Upon checking out, I informed the general manager of the condition of our room. Her response was that she had never had that complaint before accompanied by a semi apology and a safe travels wish. That's all! I clearly expected something more from a general manager than, "we've never had that complaint before"--which was completely irrevelant to my discomfort. I also doubt seriously that roaches contain them self to one room--if so there is a new breed of roaches emerging. This hotel does not hold up to the reputation of Holiday Inn Express--a very much overpriced stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business