“We'll never stay there again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Jamesville, North Carolina, USA
“We'll never stay there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

A few years ago we stayed at this hotel and it was fine. On October 23 we stopped and were told the only available room was a suite for $114. We were tired from travelling so we took it. Apparently their definition of a suite is to add an old sofa. The bathroom fixtures were showing a lot of wear, there was a dry cleaning piece of trash on the sofa and the whole room had an old, out-dated look. Those things wouldn't have been the end of the world (although at that price I expected better) but then I found a bug on the pillow! It was so late by then that I was just too tired to look for another hotel. I didn't sleep well from worrying that I'd feel a bug run across me. I told the woman at the front desk about everything and she took my phone number, saying someone would call me. No one ever did.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gardnerscreekgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mississippi, U.S.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was traveling alone and felt safe at this hotel. The room was spotless and the staff was professional and helpful. There is a small fridge in the room. They serve breakfast but I didn't have time to try it. There were numerous dining and shopping options nearby.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep a little later ask for a room away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KellyCord
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed here on Aug. 22, and was impressed by how clean the hotel was, after reading the reviews on this site. I booked through Hotwire and received a $70 rate, which was decent.
The check-in was smooth, with an older lady at desk, who was very nice. The room was clean, and accommodating. Room had large screen flat panel, and very comfortable bed, shower was good also. Stayed in Rm. 208, and would recommend for those staying in Jasper.
I travel a lot, and stayed in good, bad, and terrible hotels, and this was a good experience!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We asked for a nonsmoking room but when we got off the elevator there was a smoke smell all the way to our room. There was a storm the night we stayed and the roof leaked all over my husbands clothes. We told the desk clerk and she said she would tell maintenance. Breakfast was ok. Coffee was cold, biscuits were hard and cereal was stale. Overall I have spent less and stayed in a lot better.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank couey3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Had no problems, only a little hard to find at first, and the bed was a little too form for me, but I love mushy beds, but the room was nice, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was wonderful! They have a pancake machine!

• Stayed June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

WE STAYED AT THIS MOTES HERE IS A LIST OF PROBLEMS
1 blonde hair found on pillow my hair is black!!!
2 dirty fridge was slimy in were the ice is kept and the door handle was dirty
3 a women lee press on nails was found on the floor saying they did not vacume the floors
4 it says in the room if your not satified you get a partial refund (NOT) THEY WILL FIGHT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY NOT TO GIVE REFUNDS!!!
5 the room they wanted to move us to wasnt even clean
6 and the last and most nasty there was a use condom on the floor in the rest room

Room Tip: dont stay keep driving down the road!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mikebos j
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear mikebos j,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received and regret you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Jasper, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

we stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon 12 years ago and have since stayed once since then and it was a nice hotel but frankly it has went from nice to barely average. The rooms are outdated and showing their age. There was a nice large flat screen television that was very dusty but had a great picture. The bed was comfortable but needed more pillows. The bathroom is where the age really shows. The area under the sink appeared as though there had been a leak as rust dripped down the wall from the sink area. I had to ask for extra towels and tolietries and the overnight desk clerk acted like I was bothering her by asking her. The breakfast was very disappointing considering the price. I have paid less and gotten a lot better. Overall I think I will stay somewhere else from now on.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple