“Average”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Brunswick, United States
“Average”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel is ok room is ok but is overpriced also during my stay several cars were broken into with windows being broken and other damages to vehicles. The rear access on an SUV was so destroyed that it will require complete replacement. The breakfast was ok on some days but the scrambled eggs were not very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Red Level, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I travel from time to time as a Pastor/Evangelist. I had the opportunity to stay at the Hampton Inn, Jasper, AL this past weekend. I had a rather late check in due to meetings that evening. Now, I have had several late check ins in different cities and just about all of those were the same. The clerk on duty almost always seems sleepy/groggy and sometimes you can't understand what they're saying. BUT NOT AT THE HAMPTON INN JASPER! I was greeted by the clerk, Linze, who was very cheerful, had a smile on her face, and a healthy level of energy. She was very helpful in getting me checked in quickly, gave me the information that I needed, and asked if I had any other questions. When I got to my room, it was spotless. The room was already at a comfortable temperature, the bathroom was well organized and the bed was very comfortable. (Truth be told, the reason why I first started staying at Hamptons was the beds.) Even though the hotel was almost totally sold out and there was several people relaxing in the lobby when I checked in, the hotel was very quiet. I do a lot of traveling for ministry and have stayed at a lot of hotels in a lot of cities (and not all of them Hamptons) and I must say that this was probably one of the nicest experiences that I have ever had. In fact, I spoke with a friend of mine that is actually in the hotel business for another chain that night. I told him that he should come to this hotel and see how they are doing things.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Austin, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Broke down in Jasper Alabama luckily we found the Hampton with clean rooms soft beds and clean duvets! The women at the check in and check out were sweet helpful and new the area which really helps when your looking for shops and places to eat. Breakfast was fresh and had sausage and eggs yeah. Thank you Hampton, Jasper Alabama!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bonnie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us and I will let the front desk team know what a good job they did helping you. I am sorry for the circumstance that brought you to us but I hope we made it a little better for you. If you are ever back in the area we hope to see you again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Good stay for the price. Breakfast was good. Staff very friendly. Beds were alright. Pillows a little too soft but, otherwise the room was great.It was just a mile or so off of the main hwy. There wer alot of restaurants to choice form.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Godfrey, Illinois
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Be very careful when you stay at this hotel. we were overcharged $20 for the room and the hotel refused to issue a credit. Person who answered the phone was rude and screamed at me.
The stay was mediocre.
Walmart is the biggest local attraction.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bonnie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jasper, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I have taken the time to review your stay with us. I am deeply sorry about any misunderstanding of the authorization amount on your room charge. It explained on the registration card at check in that an additional amount may be held for estimated incidentals, and that these funds are released after 72 business hours after you have checked out. I have addressed this situation at hand with the desk clerk and how they may have handled this concern for you. In the future if you have any questions about some of the area local attractions please to not hesitate to stop by the front desk. We are always more than happy to help guide you around the area to see some of the beautiful lakes, the local Heritage and Cultural Center, and other family attractions Walker County has to offer.
Marrero, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Attended a wedding in Jasper, when we arrived the grounds were nice. The hotel staff were very polite and went out of their way to see that you were satisfied. Rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The lobby / breakfast area was neat and clean. would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jasper.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality.
Corbin, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The staff was wonderful. The hotel and the grounds were well kept and I slept like I was at home. I will come again. The breakfast was excellent as was the service. The parking lot was well lighted, I felt comfortable and safe. Great Job, Hampton Inn Jasper,Alabama

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family