“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lanett
St. Paul, United States
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Rooms were clean and the hotel was conveniently located for us; price was very reasonable. A light supper (ex: lasagna, wine/beer) was offered on M-Th evenings which was helpful since not much in the way of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonLanett, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Lanett/I-85, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. The hotel and it's associates take pride in going above and beyond especially with the evening social and customer service. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future!

Katie Griffin
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
WestPoint, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Didn't expect this level of quality so close to the Alabama Line! You wont find a single thing to complain about. The Breakfast is amazing. This is no continental breakfast. Is a full breakfast that changes each morning. So many options. So clean, so friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonLanett, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lanett/I-85, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Paul C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. As the manager, it is always great when a guest enjoys their stay. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

michigan, usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here on an overnight visit to the area. This hotel appears to be relatively new and was very nice. A top notch Hampton Inn located in an area that is not too populated. There was not much around the hotel except another hotel. It appeared this hotel was geared towards business people who are involved with the area industries, but we as leisure travelers were treated well. A very nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Idwheels,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that the next time you are in our area that you and your family will once again, come and stay with us.

Hospitably;

Knoxville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Normally I am very pleased with Hampton Inn and stay there multiple times per year. This hotel was the most disappointing of any Hampton Inn I have ever selected. There were cigarette butts behind the tv table and was dirty behind the tv. The walls were scuffed up and it appeared that the hotel had attempted to repair some of the scuffs but touch up paint was not quite the same color. There was a used cough drop or candy stuck to the flat sheet on the bed. There were what appeared to be bleached spots on the hallway carpets. The air/heat did not work properly overnight. The mattresses in this hotel were not very comfortable as well. This hotel is not very old but is not being maintained to the quality expected of Hampton Inn nor the price you are required to pay. The breakfast area and common areas are in good shape. Overall, if this hotel was my first impression of Hampton Inn, I would not stay at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Swansea, S.C., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family in the area. We are very satisfied with our stay. The breakfast bar was amazing and the lady Kathy was so friendly. We will be staying here in the future. The location so close to the interstate was good too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonLanett, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lanett/I-85, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Ms. Judith S.

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. We are happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Hospitably;

Patti
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stay here often, 4 times a year for business. It is a really nice, new Hampton Inn. The staff is very friendly, rooms are great and the rates are reasonable. Every afternoon there are fresh baked cookies and usually a hospitality hour in the early evening serving beer and wine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Gulf Shores, AL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife made my reservation for a recent rewards stay at this hotel. She innocently wrote in the online reservation something to the effect of "first floor and an upgrade is greatly appreciated." On my arrival, the desk clerk proceeded to try to extort additional points for an upgrade. That was bad, but was really awful was when she wanted extra points for a first floor room. I've been having trouble walking and was trying to minimize the distance. I didn't share this with her after she aggressively informed me "she knew what she was doing as she's been doing it this way for 13 years."

Service across the board was not good. Although there were but a few people at breakfast, a number of the dishes were empty at 6:30 AM. There was no spoon for the eggs and I didn't receive a statement under my door.

Although the property is relatively new, there was peeling wallpaper in my bathroom. One of the guests at breakfast commented the pool was ice cold. At least the bed and linens were the usual high quality found at Hampton Inn.

Next trip, I'll stay in LaGrange or the Auburn-Opelika area. That stretch of I-85 has too many options to have to put up with service like I saw in Lanett.

Room Tip: Stay in LaGrange or Auburn-Opelika
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike C
HamptonLanett, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lanett/I-85, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Mike C.
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns are taken quite seriously by our management team. We would also like to make this up to you on your next stay. If you could contact our hotel management, we would like to speak with you directly.
We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Patti Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanett
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lanett/I-85? Share your experiences!