We stayed in the local Days Inn last time and thought maybe this hotel would offer a little nicer accommodation. For the difference in cost, we found several smaller things added up to disappointment.
1) Breakfast - was just ok. Eggs looked like pre-frozen patties (yes, patties) someone put in a microwave or steamer. Waffle machine was decent. Pastries were average. Coffee was pretty good. Holiday Inn has been my long time favorite for breakfast buffet's and this didn't even come close.
2) King room was more $$ so we went for a queen room with two beds (odd right?). The first two nights we stayed in one bed that was so saggy we felt like we were going to roll out of the bed. On the third, we switched to the other queen and felt it was in better shape.
3) Shower went back and forth between hot and super cold. Next day my husband mentioned it happened again, then I got in the shower and got it yet again. I called and asked them if they knew of the issue, which they did not. Offered to look at it the next day.
4) Wifi went out. Called the front desk again. They had no idea it was out. Was able to dig out a cable and plug into the wall, which was working.
5) AC unit has dials for low / high cool / heat etc with a dial for intensity of 1-9. We are on our last day and have tried all sort of combos and either feel we are frying or freezing. Plus it is odd and will sometimes turn on for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Maybe move to the modern age and get a thermostat?
6) Staff were friendly when we did talk to them. When I did ask them about misc things etc they were prompt and attentive.
7) Pool and hot tub were very nice. Pool area was extremely hot due to the hot tub, but opening the door helped.
The hotel itself feels more upscale with the paint job, art and nicer decor, but they are falling behind on the fundamentals that made the hotel nicer to start with. I can now see why people spring for the Hampton or just go to the Days Inn. I don't plan on coming back here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leeds
- Leeds Best Western