“Not happy with this place!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Lincoln

Days Inn Lincoln
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We chose this place because my boyfriend is an OTR trucker and he was passing through Alabama, first time ever at this hotel and had not seen him in over 2 weeks. He got the room and when I arrived there the room did look clean, bed and pillows where comfy. Things seemed to be going good until they took $50.00 dollars from our account after check out!!!!!!! This was a second floor room non-smoking ...... He asked for a smoking room and was told "there is not any left but we do have a non-smoking room and you can smoke in room just don't smoke a lot from the girl that checked him in." I even called the hotel to see if they had any rooms available before he arrived and asked about smoking "yes we have smoking rooms available" that call was within 30 minutes before he arrived. He calls the hotel and I went back to the hotel to talk to the manager about the money issue and of course there is NOT a manager onsite, so she said! I ask her if she was the one who checked him into the hotel she tells me "no that she was not working the day before." I go to car to get receipt then she tells me "yes I was the one that checked him in but I never said he could smoke in the room." I called the Days Inn Corporate office on this issue. I feel like they stole $50.00 from us . So, to the smokers out there if they say "yes you can smoke in the room but don't smoke a lot" my advice to you is not smoke because they will steal money from you also! If those words were never spoken to him then there would not had been smoking in the room! To the person who posted that their room seemed like smoke and it was a non smoking room.... It's because they tell customers that they can smoke in the non smoking rooms!!!!! Bottom line they stole money from us and also said "he could smoke in the room"!!!!!!!!!
The breakfast was not that bad but I and another man had to ask them to restock the waffle machine twice, butter, juice machine, fruit and muffins, they could had kept a better look out on the breakfast. This stay turned out to be horrible!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Georgia D
Reviewed 27 February 2013

If I had to award a hotel for the worst I have ever stayed in, THIS would be the winner. It started from the moment I entered the lobby to an intense odor, it continued on with the rudest man I have ever encountered at the front desk, my husband and I almost felt like we were commiting a crime against him the way he stared holes through us. After a rough attempt at English, he assigned us an upstairs (No elevator) room. So my husband and I climb the stairs with all of our stuff, not an easy task. We get to our room to find the door open and the bed striped, it was obvious that housekeeping was in the process of cleaning it. The male housekeeper watched us for a couple of minutes clearly ignoring us, until he heard me tell my husband that we would just stay somewhere else, then he got helpful. Turns out the only room open was on the FIRST floor (really? Interesting you didn't put us there first) so we go back down the stairs carrying our stuff to the downstairs room then the key will not work. My husband goes to get another key as I wait outside the room with our belongings, turns out that this will be the norm EVERY time we leave the room we will not be able to get back in the door unless we go back to the front desk to reprogram our key. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine who works the front desk at a hotel, she suggested that it probably meant they were going into the room to "check it out" while we were gone to make sure we were not damaging the room since that would cancel out our keys. Anyway, then we got into the room.
I don't know who they have cleaning their rooms but apparently they are blind, the toilet bowl looked like it was only halfway clean along with the tub. The furniture in the room looked like second hand furniture from the thrift store and it appears that when something breaks like the bedside table missing its drawer, they just leave it there just as they did the broken computer chair that sat in the corner. Hands down, the worst expereince I have ever had. My first stay at a Days Inn and I hate to say it but this stay was so bad, I will NEVER stay at another Days Inn anywhere!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else