Bay Inn & Suites
US$86
Comfort Inn & Suites(Daphne)(Great Value!)
US$93
ComfortInn
US$114
US$101
US$103
WoodSpring Suites Daphne(Daphne)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
US$120
GardenInn.com
Loxley Motel(Loxley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was driving from Florida to Texas and it was getting late at night so I decided to stop at the next exit off I-10 which was Exit 44. I pulled into the Bay Inn & Suites in Loxley, Alabama and was very pleasantly surprised to find a Great Place at an Affordable Price.

The night manager Chip was very helpful and I went to my room to relax after the day long drive. My room was brand new and clean, in fact the entire Bay Inn & Suites looked brand new and clean with beautiful carpet throughout.

I got a very restful sleep and found that the next morning my sleep had been so restful I got up too late to get some orange juice & milk for breakfast. But, the maintenance man Sam (who was filling in at the desk) politely got me some orange juice and milk.

So, I highly recommend the Bay Inn & Suites in Loxley, Alabama at Exit 44 off I-10. I will definitely stay there again next year God Willing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LorrysIslandEndMotel
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Where do I start. I had two rooms reserved for 3 nights. At first glance the hotel seemed worn but not too bad. Staff was friendly when we checked in and initially felt that everything was okay. My room at first glance was okay and nothing noticable to complain about until the next morning. The morning started of with what i can best describe as a luke warm shower. That followed by towels that were extremely thin. Waiting for my grown kids to wake up in the second room, I headed to the so called continental breakfast. Laughable to call it that as there were about a dozen of the mini chocolate and powdered sugar donuts, about 6 bagels, a waffle iron that had not been cleaned in some time, a juice machine that was broke down subesequently juice and milk in gallon jugs, Cheerios and Frosted Flakes. That and only one coffee urn that was not replenished when the coffee ran out. No toppings for the bagels. After this disappointing find I went to see if my kids were up to let them know they may want to eat something else. Upon entering their room it smelled like a locker room full of dirty clothes. I went to the front desk to let them know this and they did come in to look at the room. The lady made the comment that it was the carpet as a result of the high humidity but made no offer to put them in another room. Fortunately we were there to see my son in Pensacola and only slept there leaving early in the morning and not coming back until late at night. The next morning I went to make coffee and there was still a used coffee filter/bag in the coffee maker that had never been removed. My kids got up somewhat late so room service had come by and asked if I needed anything. I mentioned they may want to clean the coffee maker and let them know what I found. I figured that they would take care of that but when I got back that night, nothing had been done. The next morning, I got up to take my luke warm shower and was going to use the shampoo packet that was originally in the room but it was gone so I know they were in the room. Funny thing is they never made the bed or changed out the dirty towels. Pillow on the bed were terrible too and the pillow covers where various shades of white. That same night, my kids told me that they had taken their used towels but never replaced them. This isn't the most expensive hotel but they are charging over $100 a night. I might expect this in a cheaper hotel but this was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank randycald
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Called 3 weeks ahead to make reservations. Spoke to a nice man...Chip. He gave me a confirmation number...etc. We were going to Disney World and stopping here on our way back through as my husband wanted to see the battle ship. We cut our vacation at Disney a little short deciding to leave a few hours early as we were tired having spent two days there. Not pushing fatigue we planned to stay at a hotel rather than drive all the way through. We chose Bay Inn & Suites at Loxely Ala. setting in the parking lot I called the hotel and spoke to Monica. I asked Monica if I could change our reservations from July 7th to July 6th. She said "No, and there is a cancellation fee for not calling to cancel with in a 48 hour advance." I told her about calling and talking to Chip and that all I recieved was a confirmation number. I did not recieve an email stating that there was a 48 hour cancellation fee. I know most hotels do charge if a 24 hour notice is not given. She said, "Nope, 48 hour notice." So, I asked if I could speak with a manager. She said, "nope." I asked why and she said, "cause there ain't one here." I asked if there was an assistant manager and she said there was. I asked to speak with the assistant and she said, "nope. They ain't here neither." When I asked when they would be in, she said, "I have no idea." I asked if she could call or give me a number to call, she said "nope, but I can give you voice mail." I asked if there were other hotels the manager overseen and she said, "Yes. Three." I asked for the numbers. She gave me the telephone number I just called, a false number and then asked me my name. I asked her why she needed my name again when I gave it to her at the begining of the call. She said I had to give her my name if I wanted the other numbers. I hung up and looked the number up to the next closest Bay Inn. James answered the telephone. He was very sympathetic to the whole ordeal. I did get to hear his conversation with Mr. Patel, one of the managers. It did take hime a couple of attempts to explain the situation, but my date was changed without cancellation fee or additional fee's for changing dates. We arrived. Chip checked us in. I filed a complaint. We went to our room. The door stuck then wouldn't work. Chip had to let us in. We slept, got up the next morning. Grabbed the dumb waiter to load our stuff in. Monica was there and was very rude about looking for the dumb waiter. I apologized not knowing I was supposed to call ahead for it. We loaded the car and went to contenental breakfast, which I was told was over at 11 when I made the reservation. It was 10 till 9 when we made it to the breakfast. She was already shutting things down. I poured a waffel and was waiting for the second waffel and she came over to tell me the breakfast bar was closed and the waffel iron had been off for 10 minutes. I told her I just cooked one and was waiting for the other. She said she didn't know how it cooked when its been off 10 minutes. I showed her my plate. She went away to check some people out. A lady from one of the other customer tables came up and turned the iron back on for me. She told us how aweful her visit was as well saying their room was dirty and that they didn't have toilet paper. She called to tell Monica and Monica asked her if she needed some. While I was waiting for my waffle, Monica continued to berate me over the waffel iron telling me it would be a problem if I got burned on it and that the breakfast bar closed at 9. Check out was aweful. Just bad. I think this is just not the right occupation for Monica. Until Bay Inn & Suites can find more professional employees, I don't believe we will be back. We are members of the Dallas Running Club of Texas and know many people who drive past here to run half marathons at Disney World and near Disney World. We will be sure to leave a posting on the members site of 4000 people, DO NOT stop or make reservations at this hotel. There are just too many other nicer hotels to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Aryakathy
Reviewed 2 July 2013

When we booked we knew the place would be older but figured as long as it was clean it would be okay. Since it was last minute and needing three rooms, we really had few choices. The staff was not pleasant to deal with on the phone. I actually got hung up on the first time, but I figured they were busy or maybe an off day. I was wrong. The man on evening duty when we arrived was the rudest hotel staff we have ever encountered. He acted like we owed him an apology for disturbing his evening. He would not answer simple questions and could not take the energy to direct us to a nice local restaurant. Then the floor two of our rooms were on had a bad odor. These people do not deserve your business. They really do not care is the place is empty or not.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j s
Reviewed 1 July 2013

first off dont even think about staying here !!!

1. called in to make a reservation and the lady got our info , got there they said no one with our name had reservations after 15 min the guy finally found us . the lady had us under a name that wasn't even close .

checked my online bank they charged me twice told the guy at the front desk and he said the other charge of 108.00 will go away well it didnt !!!!

2. linens was full and i mean full of hair plus bathtub full of hair .

went to check out and there was noone to be found another customer said she stayed outside and smoked all the time where i dont know .
called back and and wanted to speak with the owner and still aint called me back , been two days so far . SO DO I RECOMMEND THIS , HELL NO SLEEP IN YOUR CAR PEOPLE OR GO ON DOWN THE ROAD

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family