Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Madison)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesfront deskeggsoatmealcome back laterheated poolwonderful hotelwalls are thinthe maintenance manfavorite chaincaring staffboth morningsfamily staycoffee makerroom was clean and comfortablefirst morningfree hot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Wonderful staff made our stay most enjoyable! Joseph and The General Manager were very helpful when a bag was left! Kids loved the free cookies! The breakfast was free and delicious! we stayed there for a soccer tournament - it was perfect for an evening swim. Great experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

When we arrived the desk attendant was just leaving with a van full of pilots to drop off at the airport, which we didn't know for about 10 minutes while we waited at the front desk for service. Finally, someone told us that guy in the van was the attendant and had gone to the airport. We then left to go pick up a sandwich for supper. When we returned he was back and apologized for being gone but said that is normal procedure and they often have to leave the hotel unattended to shuttle back and forth from the airport. Although this is a good way to gain pilot business, I don't think it helps to maintain the business of other travelers and this hotel should hire someone else to drive the shuttle. He gave us a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite, which was nice. Although we didn't use the heated indoor pool or the hot tub, we heard other guests complaining that the pool heater wasn't working and neither was the hot tub. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was typical of any Country Inns free breakfast buffet.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoyed your free upgrade and I am glad that you noticed room was clean with a comfortable bed. We apologize that you had wait for check-in. I was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Your experience falls way below our standards. We will review the Front Desk procedures and make necessary changes so that it won't happen again and go above and beyond your expectations!.

We want to assure you that these are not the standards we pride ourselves upon at Country Inn & Suites. Our goal is make every guest feel welcomed and feel at home away from home.

Thank you for your business and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

While this hotel is newer, it is beginning to show signs of bein run-down. It looks as if they don't maintian the original furnishings.

Only one employee works in the evenings, so there is no one to pick you up or drop you off at the airport. Plan on taking a cab or renting a car.

The refrigerators don't work. No one in my entire group had a working refrigerator, even though we all had one in our rooms. I had some dirty towels.

The breakfast is very substandard. They had plain yogurt in a canister with cheese and salsa, appearing to be sour cream. However, when we brought it to the attention of the night manager/breakfast attendant/front desk attendant we were told they do that intentionally. It was quite a surprise for those who put it on their eggs!

The walls are very thin and there is quite a bit of ambient noise. There are very few food options within walking distance and the hotel will not provide any transportation to restaurants (see above issue on staffing).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear 888_Andromeda_888
Richmond, Virginia

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the disappointments you experienced regarding the poor service and poor breakfast quality. We want to assure you that these are not the standards we pride ourselves upon at Country Inn & Suites. We pride ourselves on different amenities and services we offer and our goal is make every guest feel welcomed and feel at home away from home.

Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally @ cx_maal@countryinns.com with your confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in our services and ensure it won't happen again. Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was stranded in Huntsville due to a winter storm and needed a place to stay. The night manager was awesome - she picked me up from the airport at 11:30 pm and put together a "care package" with toiletries as I had not been planning on being away from home and had not brought anything with me. The hotel shuttle took me to a store the next morning so I could purchase a change of clothing, then took me to a restaurant for lunch. In addition to the hotel staff being kind and accommodating, the hotel itself was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the Huntsville area!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Kristin F
Kiran P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Ks4man
Des Moines, Iowa

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, Madison, AL, I thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. As always our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome and make them feel at home away from home. I will be sure to share your kind comments with all my staff.

Thank you for your business. Please come again whenever you are in Madison/Hunstville.

Regards,

Kiran Patel
(256) 325 -0007

Reviewed 19 January 2014

hotel is newer - shows no signs of wear. rooms were nice sized and the suites were very nice-for not much more money.
strong wifi signal.
hot tub was broken but the heated pool was a nice temperature - unlike many other indoor pools that are kept too cool.
breakfast - usual stuff - cereal, pastries, yogurt etx.. hot food included waffle maker, hot oatmeal, and a warming pan with three choices. eggs, a bread, and a meat. they had a hard time keeping everything full and stocked while we were there, even though it did not look particularly crowded - but at least they were hustling around trying- as opposed to a single attendant lazily wandering around like i have seen at other properties.
front desk staff always friendly.
cookies at the desk always a fun benefit of this chain.

local area is nothing to write home about but there are food choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family