“Good top shelf margarita”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chapala Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Went in alone for early dinner. I had the enchiladas with cheese and onions plus a Jose margarita. Impressed with the food, drink, service, and cleanliness. I will go back.

2  Thank Thekeithman

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The best salsa we've had in recent memory, very good service, otherwise the meals were just average. I had a combo plate with a beef taco, two enchiladas and a tamale, she had a grilled pork taco platter. Mine was ok but nothing outstanding, hers had a good degree of fat in the meat. With a coffee and an iced tea, the meal was $22.01 with tax, not including tip-pretty much average for the area. Exterior and interior are pretty plain.

1  Thank Gary G
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I have come here nearly every Friday since moving here 5 years ago, and we love the food, the drinks and the family that runs it. We have never had a bad meal and the margaritas are the best ever- made from scratch, strong enough without being obnoxious, and very reasonably priced. After having the Chapala Margarita for a few years I have found that I had to stop drinking them anywhere else while on travel because everything is a disappointment by comparison- even in Texas & NM. In addition to the extensive menu, we have been able to just make up any combination of items not on the menu and it is always good and inexpensive. The restaurant gets crowded on Fridays and is very popular with an extremely-loyal base of local customers. Best Mexican place ever... including Mexico.

2  Thank A_Biz_Trvlr
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We've visited often and even do take out from Chapala. This visit was for take out. We had chips, salsa, appetizers and a couple of main dishes. Sat down, had a drink and watched some basketball on the television while I waited and the food was out in less than 15 minutes even though the place was packed. Not overpriced and the food is very good.

1  Thank drrocket69
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

We live in Ocala Fl and there is NO good Mexican restaurants. Wish we had these guys there! Service was friendly and the food was superb. Great margaritas too. . Will go again the next time we are in Huntsville.

2  Thank Dabockhold