Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights to relax, visit family, and also the Space center. There were other Holiday Inn locations, but this one was brand new, clean, comfortable, quiet, the staff is friendly, and the place is beautifully decorated. The morning breakfast was great! They served "real" eggs (versus hard-to-digest yellow plastic), grits, oatmeal, pancakes, juices, milk, muffins, and fresh baked streuselled cinnamon buns under a warmer. They were extremely helpful with forgot-to-pack items like shaving creme, or even band-aids, gauze, and ointment. They earned our business. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Map out your closest Wal-Mart, grocers, and restaurants before you go; not much is close to the hote...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Express_Madison_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from Pensacola Florida on a friday night in October. This hotel was great! The front desk attendant was friendly and I enjoyed chatting with her about our adventure. This hotel is new and it is decorated beautifully. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but we are swiftly becoming regulars at Holiday Inn Express's. Oh yea, and the breakfast was great too!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable. Thank you also for such a lovely review of our facilities. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We were traveling with two young children: 1.5 and 5 year olds.

The entire facility was beyond clean. Everything had been designed in such a cool/ retro way from the lamps to the flooring.

The indoor pool/ jacuzzi was a great energy outlet for our kiddos after traveling all day.

We had the queen suite. It was nice to be able to pull the couch out to a bed for the 5 year old (we booted him over so we could stay up and not keep him from sleeping- so we had an empty queen beside us) and we actually put our baby in the pack n play in the bathroom (funny, I know! She has to have her own spot to sleep otherwise she is awake). Point is- there was enough room.

Super clean hotel! Nice! Comfy! Kind front desk folks!

Fancy mini fridge, microwave, and extra sink located in this area but high enough to keep the kiddos from reaching it.

Only complaints I guess were that our suite was directly above where people unload and you could hear the luggage carts clanging and we could have had more towels.

There were two tv's in our room, one for us and one for the kiddos.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
OmegaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that we can accommodate your whole family at our hotel. -Ashley Zivat

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed for three nights at this hotel while in Madison on business. The hotel is newly built, so everything is fresh and has not had a chance to get run down or worn.

The front desk staff have been great, very friendly and attentive. I had a problem with the electricity in my room on the second night, and between the night manager and myself we were able to quickly troubleshoot the problem and get the power back on. During the day they had an electrician in who fixed the problem, and all the lights were on working fine when I got back this evening.

The bed is clean, fresh and comfortable. No complaints at all.

The housekeeping staff have done a great job keeping the room tidied up, and the bathroom fresh and clean.

The hotel is quiet, despite being close to the Huntsville Airport and a couple of major roads. Access to the area from the hotel is really good, and there are plenty of places to eat close by. There's also a bank right next door, always a good feature!

The included breakfast is ok, about what you's expect in a complementary breakfast. They have eggs and bacon or sausage each day, plus fresh pancakes. There are cold cereals, instant oatmeal, breads and pastries, yogurt and fresh fruit. Coffee, tea and juices. Not the best selection in the world, but you won't start your day hungry.

I didn't have a chance to check out the pool and the fitness centre on this trip. Next time I will like be able to do that.

Overall a nice, new property. I'll be staying here again in a couple of months when I'm back in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We hope that when you get a chance to return to our hotel that you get a chance to see all our hotel has to offer.

-Ashley Zivat

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Very clean and crisp; almost unreal how they considered the small finishes that made you feel like you were at home away from home. The price could have been just a little lower, but it wasn't terrible. The staff was very accomodating and friendly.

I had just returned from a 4-star hotel in Denver Colorado for an anniversary vacation, and visit to the noted Broadmoor and I must say this Holiday Inn was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. -Ashley Zivat

Reviewed 30 September 2012

My family and I were in the area to visit the US Space & Rocket Center (Hunstville, AL). We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express, the location was perfect and had all sorts of places to shop/eat. Our hotel was just a short drive down the road to visit the Space & Rocket Center (which my five year old son thoroughly enjoyed)! Upon our arrival after driving 4 1/2 hours, we were promptly checked into our room and experienced no problems at all throughout our stay. Our room was quite comfortable and large. The complimentary hot/cold breakfast was plentiful, excellent staff which kept the food stocked, and had enough to satisfy our taste buds. The indoor poor was enjoyable for my son but a bit chilly for us adults. When we visit the area again, we'll certainly stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Got in at 3:30 in the morning. The gentleman at the desk was very nice. He had my room card ready for me. Very warm welcome. The room was very clean. You can tell this is a new hotel, and it is well kept! I will stay here on my next trip to the Huntsville/Madison area.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#2 of 13 in Madison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison
Baymont Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport/Madison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville West - Research Pk

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport? Share your experiences!