“S.W.A.T paid a visit to our neighbors room”

Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Madison
“S.W.A.T paid a visit to our neighbors room”
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Only positive is the location. Now the bad, roaches in room, skid marks in toilet, mattresses were horrible, stains on comforter and sheets, cigarette ash on carpet. And oh yeah local police raided several rooms in the a.m. And arrested numerous "guests" for what we later found out were drug, prostitution, and sex trafficking charges!! Like a movie. An extra $20 bucks gets you a better room, healthier conditions, and no 2 am swat team visit. Last comment; when I walked in our room I felt like it instantly got siphillis.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank gc04142014g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

Location was great, staff very friendly. We got there early waited 15 minutes for a room ( no big deal ). room smelled like it was closed up for along time. One bed was broke since they was booked we dealt with it. Didnt give us enough towels. But all in all it was okay. the employees there was polite when I told them the problems and didnt just ignore me. so I would stay again. But its not the best, I've been to worse

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I did not expect this motel to have any frills but we were traveling with our big dog, as we always do, and there are not any hotels in that area that allow pets. So we knew it would be the basics. The only positive thing I can say is that all of the staff I dealt with was very nice and pleasant. Everything else about the motel is horrible. The rooms are in SERIOUS need of updating. The carpet, while not visibly dirty, looked 20+ years old and never to have been cleaned -- my childrens feet were black 5 minutes after taking a bath from walking on them. The beds were seriously warn and very uncomfortable. One was so bad that it sunk in the middle. We got very little sleep. The bedding is also in serious need of replacing as well as the curtians. One bedspread had 3 cigarette burn holes in it. Sheets were very thin, worn looking, and barely fit the bed. My sons pull up leaked a little during the night, so I requested a new set of sheets the next day. Three attempts later and witnessing the housekeepers cleaning the rooms / doing laundry lead me to believe that they did not have extra sheets. It appeared that they were washing them and immediatly putting them back on the beds. The buttons on the TV did not work but the remote did. There was no clock in the room at all. Very few towels provided. Shower preasure was terrible and the shower head would not adjust -- sort of wobbled close to the wall. Bathroom sink drained very very slow too. The room was suppose to be a non-smoking one but smelled of stale smoke. To access the internet you pay $2.99 but I was never able to pay or get access to it. Tried repeatedly!! Upon arrival we were told the pool was closed for maintance. The next day the desk staff informed me that they had never heard it was closed and should be opened. Yet, the pool was pad locked shut and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months. The water was very cloudy and dirty. Huge disappointment for my kids! We would have gone to another motel but as I stated in the beginning -- we were traveling with our big dog and there were not any hotels that would allow pets. Another huge disappointment!!! On another note -- the waffle house next door is also dirty and gross. They screwed up my order and several others while we were there and the food was not good.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
Hampton, a.
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Back in mychildhood we used to stay at Motel 6 all the time, good, basic, clean rooms. Times are changing, not for the better. Motel 6 is supposed to be no frills, nothing fancy, to keep the cost down. Unfortunately the last 2 have been run down and filthy along with the no frills. I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off on the stained carpet. The shower head was broken. The bedspreads were filthy, I took them off, mattresses were horrible. Nasty, hardly slept....

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank swashdawg
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The rate was good, but the motel appears to be in decline. It was reasonably clean, but otherwise not impressive.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My suggestion to anyone wanting to stay at this location is to ask to see the room first. The first time we stayed a week ago, the room was great. Then we stayed again last night and the room was filthy. The carpet looked like it had huge poo stains on it and it was filthy. The door jams in the bathroom were completely eaten away at door know level by a huge dog. The door knob was even almost crushed on the inside because of the bites from a dog. We would stay again because the price was right.. BUT we will definitely ask to see the room first. We live in hotels as we travel for a living. I'm tired of paying hard earned money for dumps.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank hope4mejanet
Pace
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The staff at check in were not very friendly. I had made a reservation for two queen beds, non-smoking. When we walked into our room, it reaked of smoke. I walked back to the office and asked for a non-smoking room. The guy I spoke to, did give us another room. Walked in, carpets weren't very clean and neither was the bathroom. We stayed two nights as we were there for my niece's wedding. The second night, there was a party in the parking lot and people were standing near our door at 1:32am in the morning and speaking very loudly. I waited about ten minutes and the noise didn't stop. So, I called the front office and they said they would take care of it. Well, about fifteen minutes later the party moved to the other side of the motel where my mom's room was. She said she couldn't get back to sleep as they were very loud. I feel that the motel office was near my Mom's room and surely they had to hear all this commotion and would call the police. But, they didn't. So, long story longer.......I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY AT THIS NASTY MOTEL!!!!! I had stayed here two years ago and it sure has gone down hill!!!!! Beds were horrible as well....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple