“NEVER AGAIN!!!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Pace
“NEVER AGAIN!!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The staff at check in were not very friendly. I had made a reservation for two queen beds, non-smoking. When we walked into our room, it reaked of smoke. I walked back to the office and asked for a non-smoking room. The guy I spoke to, did give us another room. Walked in, carpets weren't very clean and neither was the bathroom. We stayed two nights as we were there for my niece's wedding. The second night, there was a party in the parking lot and people were standing near our door at 1:32am in the morning and speaking very loudly. I waited about ten minutes and the noise didn't stop. So, I called the front office and they said they would take care of it. Well, about fifteen minutes later the party moved to the other side of the motel where my mom's room was. She said she couldn't get back to sleep as they were very loud. I feel that the motel office was near my Mom's room and surely they had to hear all this commotion and would call the police. But, they didn't. So, long story longer.......I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY AT THIS NASTY MOTEL!!!!! I had stayed here two years ago and it sure has gone down hill!!!!! Beds were horrible as well....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BethLK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tiptonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 December 2010

On August 18, 2010 I sent an email to the Madison Motel6 about the service. I am yet to hear anything from them. On September 8th Customer Relations responded to an email that I sent to them to apologize and inform me that some one from Al. would be getting in contact with me. I'm still waiting. Below is my response to
Customer Relations.
Thank you so much for your response. Apparently you are the only office concerned with this matter. As of this date, I have not heard anything from the Regional Management Office. There were some things that I left out of my initial letter. There were no guests in room 147. It and another room had been offered to me
and after not seeing a fridge or microwave I turned those two down.
That was when I was told about the memo stating the fridge and microwave
had been transferred to room 117 from room 147. Based upon this information I accepted room 117. I never received a fridge and/or microwave anytime during my stay after the staff told me I would have them. Our food spoiled.
Staying at Motel 6 has more sentimental value than anything. We always stayed at Motel 6 when we traveled with the kids. In the 80's in Kansas City, Mo our reservation had been messed up, but it was taken care of right away. In Denver, Co. I had left my purse in the lobby of one of the Motel 6's and it was still there when I went back to get it (nothing was missing). These are the good thoughts that I've had about Motel 6. I am assuming those days are gone

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank aru4rl
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 December 2010

3rd review for Trip Advisor. This time I am the one to check in and pay the bill (I'm traveling with someone else). We and everyone who comes in behind us is greeted as soon as we walk in the door and the clerk has people start to fill out their info before he can wait on them to keep things moving. Kind of rare these days.
Room was large for a Motel 6, there looked like there was room between the one bed and the window for a table and chairs, so not just the cramped three feet between the beds like some Motel 6's.
The bathroom actually had a fan, which may be the reason I couldn't find any rust in the bathroom. The shower/tub was also one piece including the ceiling so no soggy walls.
The beds were still the usual Motel 6, not much padding between you and the springs. And like last night, being next to the airport means you get airport noise. Small airport so not much noise, but some. Internet is available, but at a cost. Today I was without a truck or this location wouldn't have been an option. I didn't see any truck/RV parking.
China Buffet across the street is good food and lots of it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Oak Lawn
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We needed a place to sleep on the way down to Florida and made the mistake of staying here. We were lured in by the $41 rate, but we got what we paid for. The room smelled, the sheets looked scary and we stayed up all night listening to the people who where there for one night stands. You would think that the guy at the desk could have been more honest and told us what kind of hotel this really was. We were up an on the road by 6am...anything just to get out!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank familyof6OakLawn
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We booked two room for christmas eve and christmas day while visiting family in madison. the rooms were so bad that I went to wallmart and bought bedding for our room. we were travelling with our dogs so did not check out due to lack of other accommodation. the curtains were ripped, the bedding was stinky and the room was very unclean. Staff who were passing by looked into our room and we felt unsafe. I felt embarrased to tell our family how we were living and left very early on boxing day to continue our trip. On regisrtration I was told that I had been selected for a hotel survey and advised that if we could not rate them a 5 we should let them know and they would do what they could to change our opinion. there is nothing on this earth that could change my opinion including suspiscious characters in the parking lot. cars with windows smashed in and a general feeling that we were not safe. i put this info into our survey but was not contacted . this is my first and last stay at a Motel 6. I would rather stay in a shelter for the homeless where at least I would be treated with dignity

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank catherineOshawa
Sydney
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I first stayed at this place in May 2008 and since I had to return to Alabama again this year I decided to stay at the Motel 6 again. Once again it was a good choice.

I reserved the room online. The room was waiting for me when I arrived. The check-in went quick and the clerk was very friendly and had a great sense of humour. The room had a queen sized bed, cable TV, AC/Heat, a table and chair and full bath. The room was clean and in good order. The housekeeping staff were friendly and did a great job on the room. I stayed for three nights and got good sleep every night.

A great thing about this hotel is that it is located right next to a Waffle House!

If Motel 6 read these reviews - thanks to your staff for a nice stay in Madison, Alabama!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Patrick M
Michigan
Reviewed 26 September 2008

Recently stayed one night. Asked for a non-smoking room. Sheets and pillow cases smelled fresh, but the matress was formerly in a smoking environment. The next day I had some itchy spots, thought that had a mosquito bite. Later found that bed bugs had a feast on me! A new experience that I do not want repeated. Still itches 4 days later.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mrpos