“A family favorite”

La Placita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 185 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A small but friendly Mexican Restaurant with friendly service. My favorite is the Fajita Taco Salad in either beef or grilled chicken. The flowered bowl that holds it all is always light and tasty. The adult beverages can be obtained either in bottle or my favorite draft! Nothing makes the chips and salsa taste so good like a refreshing cold beer in a frosty mug.

So if you like a small, clean, friendly establishment with good food at a good price? I would recommend giving it a try as we have never been disappointed.

There are newer reviews for La Placita Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I went to La Placita and split La Luchador with my two brothers. La Luchador is a massive family size burrito filled with everything that the Taliban hates about America.

Happy hour was great and available on Saturday. La Placita is one of the only Mexican restaurants that has fish tacos on the menu.

Staff was a little slow and unaware. Totally worth it for the other redeeming qualities.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lots of flashy Mexican restaurants in the area, but La Placita is very good. Nothing fancy, just good food. Staff is helpful and service is quick and efficient.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I brought my family of 7 here when visiting Huntsville and was pleasantly surprised. Great service, good food and out the door without breaking the bank.

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My wife and I ate supper here on a Thursday evening. She said the salsa that came with the chips is the best. She said it tastes like it was made fresh. The chips were warm.

We split a Flauta Dinner, with chicken. It was very good. It came with guacamole and sour cream. The lettuce and tomato were very fresh.

The service was very good. The Mexican music was very good. The decor was average.

So, it's a small Mexican restaurant and cantina, operated by Mexicans. We have eaten supper there occasionally, for years. The food is very good, and so is the service.

Casa Blanca on Brown's Ferry road is our usual Mexican restaurant, but La Placita makes a nice change, occasionally. It is usually about half-full of diners at suppertime.

La Placita is on Hughes Road, a little north of the Kroger shopping center.