“Early Valentine's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magnolia Springs
Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast
Florida
“Early Valentine's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2008

I arranged to stay at this Bed and Breakfast as a surprise early Valentine's Day getaway for my wife. I was looking for someplace that was relaxed, hospitable and full of character. I found exactly what I was looking for in the Magnolia Springs Bed and Breakfast. While the peaceful oak lined street leading up to the residence is picturesque and inviting, my positive impressions began well before that. Since our time in Magnolia Springs would be short and I wanted the weekend to be special, I endeavored to plan everything prior to arriving. This is where the excellent customer service provided by the managers of this B&B, David and Eric, began to show itself. David provided dinner suggestions, sightseeing locations, and shopping opportunities that could make my stay more memorable. He arranged for an early check-in, several hours early, to accommodate our travel plans. He even put me in contact with a local masseuse that offered prenatal massages for my wife. When we showed up on Saturday afternoon we were greeted by name as we pulled up and our bags were carried for us to our room. After getting settled and unwinding from our trip, David took the time to give us the grand tour of the house, a must considering the history behind the 100+ year old Southern mansion. Then we were off to the massage and dinner at Jesse's, just a half mile down the road. Jesse's Restaurant, a recommendation made by David and Eric, was superb. I must admit that I did not expect to find such gourmet cuisine in this beautiful but small town. I would recommend the coffee-rubbed steak with a glass from their robust wine list. After a long day and night on the town we were happy to head back to the inn, where we found our room had received turn down service for the second time that day, complete with fresh linens and chocolates. Breakfast the next morning was a three course feast with assorted teas, juices and freshly brewed coffee. The main course was a thick sliced, baked, baguette French toast with a just the right amount of sweetness served right out of the oven. We spent the remainder of the morning in the rocking chairs on the porch, savoring the breakfast and the stay which had turned out so wonderful thanks to the hospitality and friendliness of our hosts. If you are looking for a relaxing retreat, delicious food, and southern hospitality then David and Eric at Magnolia Springs Bed and Breakfast can help you find it.

• Liked — The staff just seem to genuinely care about the quality of your stay
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2005

The Magnolia Springs B and B was the final stop of my long-anticipated roadtrip through the South this Christmas. By the time I arrived, I had covered alot of territory and was starting to feel a little drained, but David, the host, made sure I felt welcomed and provided for. The inn is delightful---all original wood and fixtures from the turn of the last century, and the grounds were gorgeous---not a sign that the hurricanes had ripped through the area nearby less than four months ago. My room was perfect---great views, comfy bed, with all the things you could need readily available. I especially loved the reading materials about the area, which is a small quiet corner of real Alabama, near Mobile bay and the Gulf, but miles away from either in ambience. There were fresh baked goodies, a fridge full of soft drinks, and to die for Christmas decorations. I got up very early and walked over to the nearby river and watched, entranced, as the morning mist lifted lazily and the pelicans and other bird and fish life went about their business. Then back to the inn for a delicious fresh three course breakfast that lasted me back to Los Angeles that night. There is an excellent restuarant within walking distance for dinner, and the Gulf beaches and Mobile Bay are a just a short drive away. David went out of his way to make a yankee ignoramus :-) feel very welcome, and I appreciated it very much, especially as a single (and very independent) woman travelling alone. I plan to return as the area has just captured my imagination!

• Stayed December 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Kittygal
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2004

This was an awesome place, David (the owner) gave us one of the warmest welcomes I have ever had visiting a B&B. The house has been renovated beautifully, and the rooms were so comfortable- with lovely fittings, comfortable beds and all the little room things that B&B's think of and hotels don't (like a white noise machine to help us sleep- and proper soaps in the bathroom etc). The breakfast was great also, three courses and all cooked from fresh ingredients. There was a lovely deck out the front for sitting and relaxing on, and fridge from which we could help ourselves to Sodas etc. More than anything though, it was our host's expertise on the local area that made the trip great- it meant we ate at great places and saw stuff we would not have otherwise found. It also helps that Magnolia Springs is picturesque and has a nice restaurant within walking distance of the B&B.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Hampton Inn Foley
Hampton Inn Foley
#1 of 9 in Foley

Been to Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!