Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast
US$85
US$84
US$93
Comfort Suites Foley(Foley)(Great Value!)
US$89
QualityInn
US$145
US$142
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Foley(Foley)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$157
TownePlace Suites
Lewiston Hall(Gulf Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsb bsouthern hospitalitylive oakswonderful hostseach morninggourmet breakfastporch swingwonderful weekendrocking chairsfelt like homebeautiful propertycommon areashome away from homenew orleansericalabamafoley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Angie & Nick, Alabama. We just returned from a Valentines weekend getaway planned by my husband as a surprise, and what an absolutely wonderful surprise it was! The B&B is located on a magical street where oak trees canopy the whole street. It is beautifully quiet and peaceful, yet if you venture out for a walk the neighbors are friendly and glad to have you there. The hosts, David and Eric are awesome. They welcome you like family and you immediately feel the warmth. The house itself is gorgeous, 100+ years old, and restored by the hosts themselves. There is a huge wrap around front porch that is ideal for reading or relaxing or talking with the other guests. You will receive a tour of the house and a very interesting history. David knows every minute detail and is a great storyteller. He and Eric are also extremely knowledgeable about the area and the things to do and see.

BREAKFAST!!!! a 3 course gourmet meal prepared by David is absolutely fantastic. There is coffee ready at 7:00 for early risers and breakfast is at 9:00. There is also an array of things in the fridge like bottled water, juice, etc available all the time. I found that if they don't have it for you, then you don't need it!

Do not hesitate to book here as I promise you will not be disappointed. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We had a fantastic weekend at Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast for our anniversary celebration. The hospitality was excellent, not to mention the service and all the extras. We had a lovely private room with private bath. It was so quiet and peaceful. You could hear a pin drop! We didn't need the sound machine provided in our room.
Breakfast was three courses and prepared and presented in "gourmet" style. Service was superb! Be sure to ask for the "garlic grits."
I am an extremely fussy person when it comes to sheets, linens and towels. No need to worry here. Turn-down service each evening with chocolates on our pillows and "makeup removal towels" to just mention a few "extras" for the added touch.
Beautiful setting with wrap around front porch to enjoy morning coffee and listen to the birds in the 100 year old oak trees on the property outlined with azaleas.
One couldn't ask for a cleaner, more beautiful place than Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We were wanting rest and relaxation and quiet time with privacy just before the Christmas Holidays. It was as if it was a stay made to order. Wonderful location, wonderful host and beautifully decorated for Christmas with a visit from carolers. Breakfast was a truly amazing delight. We will be visiting MS every chance we get and recommend it to everyone. Alicia Davis and Keith Gates

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2008

My husband has to go to Gulf Shores AL each year over the July 4th holiday for business. We thought we were going to have a reprieve in 2008 and we did not book our normal hotel on the beach for the convention. At the last minute, we found out we were going to be required to attend after all....and there we were on the day before time to leave, and no hotel, and it was July 4th holiday! Oh no! Well, I jumped online and couldn't seem to find a decent hotel room anywhere.

I am super picky about where I stay (I even pack my own sheets just in case on our vacations). All that seemed to be left was very Best Westernish or worse. We live in Birmingham AL and I was freaking out at the thought of driving 4-5 hours to Gulf Shores to attend a 2 hour function and then drive all the way home - but there was no way I would spend the night in a Best Western (especially at the beach, sorry BW) unless I was fleeing a hurricane or other disaster - and in this case I was certainly not.

By the next afternoon, I had widened my search to include areas further from the beach such as Mobile so that it would keep us from commuting all the way from Birmingham (but I had no luck with Mobile), I happened across a little website for a B&B in a small town near Foley, Alabama called Magnolia Springs. Well, we travel through Foley on our yearly beach treck and there are fabulous outlet malls there, so I am aware of where Foley is. It is a beautiful place.

From the website, I could tell that the house was very old and quite beautiful (I love old things), but I am terrified of staying in old buildings for fear of mold, bugs etc. I scoured the photos on the web, and the rates were very good (a little too low to convince me that it was going to meet my cleanliness standards). Out of desparation and fatigue, I booked online, went home, packed my sheets and we set out for Foley.

We arrived late, about 10:30 pm. We were met at the car and helped with our bags and were quietly shown all around the house and then to our room. I was pleasantly shocked when I went into the house and saw it from the inside. It felt like home right away and immediately I gave a HUGE sigh of relief! This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL historic home, is full of antiques and although old, is VERY CLEAN and orderly! Our room was immaculate, had high quality linens (if you are a-okay with Ralph Lauren or better quality and enjoy multile heavy, expensive quilts) and a beautifully updated bathroom. Although it may not technically be 5 star, if it can satisfy my tastes, that says a lot - just ask my husband.

The meals were wonderful and southern cooking is done right with entertainment to boot! The only sad part (if you could consider it a complaint) is that breakfast was over at 9:00. I am not an early riser, but I like food, so it was a hard decision on whether or not to venture down in the mornings. The decision was made much more difficult considering that the bed was swallowing me in the luxurious quilts, sheets and pillows! Aahhh...

I love the beach. I am a beach person. I don't like crowds and this is the only reason we are not too keen about the July 4th annual business trip. We were at the Magnolia Springs B&B for 4 days and we never went to the beach - not even once. We even had to drive to Gulf Shores, to the BEACH, for a business function and still didnt venture onto the beach b/c we couldn't wait to get back to the Magnolia Springs B&B to just chill out. It was romantic, lazy and slow....oh...BUT - - I will warn you, there are peacocks around the town that call at times so bring some earplugs if you don't want to be disturbed in the mornings. I sleep with earplugs every night anyway and never heard them, but my husband did once or twice. I dont know of any guests who said it really bothered them, but if you are a grumpy morning person - take precautions!

As for things to do, we watched movies in the media room, read books on the porch, and went for long walks under the massive oak trees. It really is as beautiful as the website photos. The little town of Magnolia Springs went all out for the 4th with a parade and everything! It was awesome and went right down the street in front of the B&B! We walked to the nearby lake, went shopping at the outlet mall, and ate at a local joint called Jesse's it seems like a million times (don't miss the burger's!).

We can't wait to go back and I can't believe I almost missed it all because I couldnt tell from the photos how clean it would be. A lot of the woodwork is original and it has dark stain but it is beautifully finished in person. However it makes it hard to tell from the photos exactly what type of room your're getting. The photo's just didn't do it justice. Trust me - no spiders here. Only gracious hosts, good food and relaxation!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2008

We selected the Magnolia Springs B&B for a 2 night stop off on our drive from Florida to New Orleans hoping for somewhere small and personal, offering us a real insight into the area and some true Southern charm. We weren't disappointed.

Upon arrival and meeting the proprietor David, we were welcomed with open arms and given the opportunity of having a tour of the house. It has been renovated sympathetically, and is clearly well loved, with cosy common areas and our bedroom was very comfortable. Lots of attention to detail has been paid to the amenities; there's a fully stocked fridge, plenty to read in the den, freshly baked cookies, and delicious home cooked breakfasts.

There's a superb restaurant called Jesse's that's only 2 minutes walk away down a pretty oak lined avenue, and plenty to see and do in the surrounding area. We got excellent suggestions for our excursions from David and despite some bad weather whilst we were there, we weren't at a loss for anything to do.

In short, the Magnolia Springs B&B is a beautiful house for a comfortable stay, and the welcome and hospitality extended from David and Eric is second to none. We had a great time, and we glad we were there at the right time to see the all singing, all dancing Christmas Tree!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple