“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jesse's Restaurant

Jesse's Restaurant
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 49
Description: Jesse's is a unique and eclectic dining experience located in the quaint village of Magnolia Springs. Our main dining room is located where the Post office was housed in the late 1800's. Jesse's..."The Steakhouse Destination" for our guest who appreciate dry and wet aged steaks, fresh local seafood and signature entrees from our Executive Chef Jeremiah Matthews. Jesse's has an extensive wine menu with over 100 different wines to choose from and signature cocktails. The new owners, Steve and Angie Coltharp, have worked with their Chef to ensure every item is not only made in house, but is of the highest quality ingredients. Jesse's has been listed by several periodicals: Southern Living, Coastal Living, Mobile Bay Monthly, and most recently Coastal Alabama. Jesse's is casual fine dining at it's best and we are kid friendly. Located 20 minutes from Fairhope, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach just off of highway 98 and highway 49. Call to make reservations or you can make them on line through our website.
Montgomery, Alabama
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had been told for years how good the restaurant was supposed to be. It was mediocre in my opinion, Once our food finally arrived, after an extensive wait, my steak was overcooked and cold. My wife had snapper which she said was good. It will not be on the top of my list when I return to the area.

• Visited October 2013

Alexandria, VA
“Charming setting in South Alabama”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Jessie's is a lovely building in Magnolia Springs, a few miles from Fairhope and about an hour's drive from Pensacola. We arrived at 7:45pm on a Saturday night to find the parking lot and one of the dining rooms full, but several tables available in a second dining room (which was far less charming than the other).

Among the items we sampled, the shrimp and grits was by far the best: superb, with creamy cheese grits, large shrimp, and a sauce full of wonderful flavors. The crab cake suffered from too much filling, detracting from the fresh crab. A stacked tomato caprese salad was beautiful, but the red and yellow tomatoes were lacking in flavor at a time when fresh tomatoes were still in season in the area. The duck and goat cheese spring rolls were interesting, but heavy. A peach crisp was small, but delicate and delicious.

Next time we would probably take the advice of our server and try the beef, which seemed to be a favorite of diners at neighboring tables, or perhaps the fresh catch of the day, which sounded good but over-priced. Most of the steaks are served in very large portions: an option of a six ounce steak would have been appreciated.

Our server seemed eager to rush us through dinner; when we left, shortly after 9:00pm, we realized that the parking lot was empty and we seemed to be the last to leave, so if you plan to dine here, know that the place shuts down early, even on a Saturday night.

Fairhope, Alabama
“I highly recommend this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My wife and I went last night (9/5/13) for our four year wedding anniversary. We could not have been more pleased. We started off with the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella which was superb. We each had the baby green salad which was great. I had their famous whiskey steak with smoked gouda grits. My steak was prepared perfectly and the grits were an excellent compliment to the steak. My wife had the shrimp and grits. They were jumbo shrimp resting on top of a pile of the smoked gouda grits with conecuh sausage and red and green peppers. All covered with an awesome sauce. We finished with coffee and the best tiramisu we have ever had! We will definitely be back in the near future.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MowerManZ71
Des Moines, Iowa
“Our of the Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

While staying in Orange Beach (Aug 2013) the six of us were in desperate need of some fine dining. We hear about Jesse's through word of mouth. It's a little off the beaten path but well worth the trip. The food was a delight. More over is the variety of room in which to dine. An old converted Meat Market/General Store gives you great choices. Check out the soft jazz in the Cold Room.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Unexpected Culinary Refinement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Wow! My wife and I were headed to the beaches of Alabama and wanted a fine dining experience! This restaurant exceeded all our expectations from service to food and everything in between! I ordered the fresh Gulf Snapper and my lovely wife ordered the Yellowfin Tuna! Both a special entree for the evening for $25 with amazing 5 star sides! If you are traveling to the beaches in Alabama you have to stop here!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Jesse's Restaurant? Share your experiences!